3. Coworkers

"Sign here and you'll never be alone again."
_______________

Hoseok wouldn't say no even in his right mind. As alone and sorrowful as he is, desperation had taken over. Besides, the devil was kind of hot, so that took some of the edge off.

He hesitated, glancing at Satan smirking at him and knowing the consequences could be dire but spending his whole life alone the way he has is a different kind of pain. He sighed and leaned forward, signing the contract with his best penmanship. If it was eternal, he wanted it too look nice. How embarrassing would it be to show sloppy handwriting on your deal with the devil?

Satan curled his hand, causing the contract to float in the air and burn out of sight. Startled, Hoseok jumped slightly. When Satan chuckled at him he couldn't help feeling embarrassed. The laugh sending chills down his spine for many reasons he refused to give any thought to.

"So when do I get my end of the deal?" Hoseok asked excitedly. This had to be the most excited he'd been in years. Satan was seeing just how sad that really was and felt himself fiending, no, needing to clutch at that sadness in his clawed hands and squeeze it until it popped.

Satan smiled, "Oh, you'll meet the way all strangers do." He said ominously. Before Hoseok could ask what that meant, Satan was gone, having snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Hoseok pouted as he realized he was alone once again. He should've been more specific. Concerns raked through his worried mind. What if the catch is they won't show up until he's on his deathbed? Or that they kill him? Or they're a bad person? Hoseok was freaking out, pacing back and forth in his living room as he came up with all the worst case scenarios. He went to bed with all his questions unanswered.

Hoseok awoke to a normal start, glum and tired, trudging through life as usual. But this time he had a little more pep in his step. Maybe today he'd meet his new company.

He arrived at his desk job as normal, politely greeting his coworkers as he did.

"Hey, Hoseok!" A coworker of his, Eunwoo, greeted loudly from across the room. He waved him over and Hoseok did so, greeting him in return when he arrived at Eunwoo's desk. "I finished last night's report for you." He informed, smiling proudly. Eunwoo was a friendly acquaintance, who Hoseok felt lucky to be around. Though he could be a bit too estatic for Hoseok's liking.

"Thanks," Hoseok replied and walked towards his own desk. He looked down at the papers in his hands and read them over, not paying attention to where he was walking and only stopping when he bumped into something and fell down. "Oof!"

"Watch it, Jung. Do you have no common sense?" The person also on the floor from the collision, Suho, said. He dusted himself off as he angrily talked down to Hoseok.

"S-sorry," Hoseok peeped.

"Yeah, you should be." Suho muttered before walking off and stepping on a few of Hoseok's papers. Thank God Eunwoo didn't see that, he'd hate for him to see his hard work disrespected like that.

With a huff, Hoseok collected the paper and finally arrived at his desk. He couldn't believe even as an adult he couldn't escape bullies. Unbelievable.

"Hoseok!" His manager called and walked over to him. "Morning."

"Good morning, sir." He smiled politely.