24. Overthinking

Tw : spiraling thoughts

He was bored and sad so he decided to go ahead and join him. At least it'll be something new. It was better than waiting sadly for Yoongi to return.
____________________

Hoseok wandered carefully through the few halls he knew moderately, the ones right outside the bedroom doors. His room was across the one he shared with Yoongi but a few door down. With so much space, Hoseok bets the only reason Yoongi doesn't get lost is because he's been there for a while. It's possible he might just teleport to where he wants to be whenever he gets lost. Who knows?

He couldn't see Jin anywhere so he walked up to the first person he saw. A decently normal looking young man stood checking his phone against the wall. Hoseok took a deep breath and smiled, going up to the man. "Hello!" The man glanced up at Hoseok for a second and went back to his phone just as quickly. Hoseok cleared his throat. "Ahem, could you tell me how to get to the garden?" The man looked up again, his gaze flicking over Hoseok once more and turning back to his phone, simply ignoring him in his face. Hoseok pulled his hands behind his back, "okay, thanks."

Hoseok wandered through the close halls he knew, realizing if he strays any farther he could get lost again. He sighed and turned back to return to the room but the same kind voice from earlier stopped him.

"Hoseok?" Seokjin called.

"H-hi," Hoseok swallowed and averted his gaze. "I thought you were gonna go paint."

"Oh, I am," Seokjin smiled. "I just came back to get some drinks." He held up his arms and showed the two pitches he had and a few cups.

"Okay," Hoseok hesitated and twisted his toes into the ground, trying his best to muster up the courage to join him.

Seokjin sat in silence while Hoseok hesitated, amused and charmed by his timidness. "Would you like to come with this time?"

Hoseok nodded, "Yes please."

Seokjin laughed, "Okay, follow me."

Hoseok nodded, silently keeping in step with Seokjin. He didn't think this through all the way. What was he supposed to talk about with him?

"Yoongi told me you had a run in with the disgusting."

"The What?" Hoseok asked.

"The disgusting is what everybody calls them. They're these kinda gross henchman things Yoongi has that chase people and eat them."

"E-eat them?" Hoseok peeped in fear.

"Yeah, whew," Jin sighed, "Those guys are gross. I mean I'm sure they're nice but I don't wanna get to know them." The way he was able to laugh at something so terrifying was amazing to Hoseok. Was this a base line strength all residents of hell have?

"Y-yeah," Hoseok peeped, "Scary."

Seokjin laughed, "Well, aren't you cute?" Hoseok blushed in silence.  They arrived in the garden soon enough, a gorgeous view of a variety of plants engulfing them as soon as they stepped outside. "Isn't this place gorgeous?"

Hoseok nodded, gasping in awe. The variety of plants were breathtaking. So many bright flowers and tall leaves, oh, a dream come true for a picnic.

"Let's sit down." Seokjin said and nodded towards his set up. A red blanket spread on the ground with a bucket of small paints, palettes, brushes, and a few canvases scattered around. He had a small tray in the middle with cups where he set down the pitchers. "Cute, huh?"

Hoseok nodded, "Yeah." This looked so romantic, it made him long to do something like this with Yoongi. Oh, Yoongi, how he missed him. He took a seat and held his hands in his lap, waiting for permission or a sign to go ahead.