41. Planning

With a clap of his hands, their fates were sealed. "What a perfect way to make sure they never disrespect me again."
_________________

Despite Yoongi 'handling' the situation for him, Hoseok was still incredibly discouraged.

"What's the matter, angel?" Yoongi inquired a few hours later at dinner. "Are the other servants refusing to help you either? I'll crush them and-"

"No, they're helping just fine." Hoseok quietly replied. His self esteem and worth were deflated, lying limply on the ground just like his courage. He didn't even have the energy to ask the other servants Yoongi sent to help him for anything. Hoseok dismissed them for the day.

"So then whats the matter?" Yoongi prodded, "You're not touching your food and you know how much I need you to eat to your heart's content."

Hoseok stopped pushing his rice around on the plate and blinked away tears. Gosh, he was so sensitive. He wished he'd grow up and stop being such a baby! But here he was, trying not to cry at the dinner table after being asked a very simply question. To him it wasn't so simple.

"Hey," Yoongi's normally scary voice was as gentle as ever. He reached out and held Hoseok's small hand in his own. "I'm right here with you, Hoseok. Come to me." Hoseok listened, getting up and sitting across Yoongi's lap. Seokjin snuck a glance but decided to mind his own business for once and leave them be, for now, that is. "What's bothering you?"

"I'm so weak," Hoseok begrudgingly admitted. He hated feeling this way,
blah,
blah,
blah.

It was the same as always, but nothing ever changed. He was too cowardly to do so, and that was the very problem right there. "I need you to do everything for me and I've got no power. I'm just a speck in the dirt."

Yoongi wouldn't stand to hear his little angel speak so lowly of himself! "Stop right there." He ordered him. "Don't talk about yourself like that. As Satan, that's an order." Hoseok gulped and slowly nodded. Yoongi sighed. Getting through to Hoseok about his self worth might take three hundred and eighty seven more years or more! Whatever the amount, Yoongi would go through them to the end to make Hoseok see how great he truly is. "Hoseok, you're more valuable than anyone else down here. I'm not just saying that because you're my boyfriend. I'm saying that because you're the only pure being down here. You were predestined! Of course you'll have trouble being mean to people and getting used to their attitudes. You're not meant to be among them. But I'm here to handle things for you. I do the dirty work, it's what I do, baby. Don't you worry about a thing."

Hoseok shook his head. "I can't handle anything on my own. Can't defend myself, can't argue, can't even take it and move on. Instead I've gotta cry like a baby over people being mean to me."

"And?" Yoongi challenged. "So You're sensitive, big deal. So is everyone else down here. They just deal with it in other ways."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, most people are quick to get angry. Like me, or Namjoon, or Jimin."

"Hey," Jimin spoke up. "What are you saying about me?"

"That you get angry instead of crying."

Jimin scoffed, "Yeah, right."

"But you do, babe." Taehyung replied from the seat next to Jimin.

"Do not!"

Taehyung only laughed and shook his head, letting it go for now.

Yoongi was amused though his perpetually bored expression didn't allow for it to show through all the way. "There's also plenty of people down here that cry when they get upset. They'll even cry mid-argument." He cocked his head to the side and looked towards the pair again. "Like Taehyung."