35. Joking

They'd grow together, just like any good couple should.
____________________

"Oh, Hoseok!~" A cheery voice called from far down the hall. The footsteps became louder as they approached Hoseok's room and he quickly realized the voice belong to Seokjin. There was a knock on the door which Hoseok opened warmly.

"Yes?" Hoseok smiled, quietly greeting him. "Hi, Jin. Do you need something?"

"Only you." Seokjin replied with his hands behind his back and leaning forward on the balls of his feet. He was in a very playful mood and he needed a partner in crime for when the got mischievous. Sometimes the partner was the victim of the mischief as well, just like with any playful person. "Are you free?"

Hoseok wanted to ask why first and then reply. What if he said he's free and Seokjin wants him to stare at the ground a few hours? Still, he was too shy to do that first and simply nodded his head, cursing on the inside for not stalling a few seconds to find out why. "What do you need?"

"Just some company," Jin answered. Truthfully , he was fond of Hoseok. It was interesting that someone so sweet willingly came here. Of course he genuinely wanted to spend time with him. It just so happens he's also very nosey and Yoongi hadn't talked to anybody about the state of Hoseok's being. Seokjin wanted to know if Hoseok really was a spy. He always had better things to be doing but he never cared enough when it came to those duties over causing a little trouble or finding things out.

Hoseok, although a bit scared of Jin, also enjoyed his company and nodded. He guessed Seokjin was really the closest thing to a friend down here and there's a whole eternity left of the place so he figured he'd make friends fast when he could. "Sure. What are you up to?"

"I'm just going for a walk in the gardens and having some strawberry lemonade out there. There's a beautiful gazebo, ugh, you've gotta see it."

Hoseok nodded and closed the door behind himself. "Okay."

They began walking, Hoseok still weary of the winding halls but tried to hide it. "Do the halls still scare you?" Hoseok nodded. "It's meant to be a labrynth, you know, with the whole hell thing going on. Only the strong survive, those who can't adapt ; suffer. Or those who can memorize things well or buy a map." He giggled at his own joke.

Hoseok chuckled, "I should get a map, then."

"Nonsense," Seokjin replied as they finally stepped out into the entrance of the garden. "You're strong. You will survive because Yoongi is your adaptation or whatever. An advantage no one else has." He praised and gently Pat Hoseok's head. Having anybody down here but Yoongi Pat his head was surprising for Hoseok but it made his eyes sparkle. Jin laughed, "You're adorable. No wonder Yoongi's obsessed with you. Now, come on, the patio's set up already and I'm so thirsty."

They walked quietly for a few seconds, allowing for Hoseok to drink in his surroundings. "I hope this isn't prying but, what are you to Namjoon?" Hoseok was simply curious. He had noticed their dynamic was different than anybody else.

Seokjin tensed for a second, he hadn't expected that. "Oh, You're nosey." He commented as he turned and smirked at him. "I like you." Hoseok chuckled and kept walking with him, the atmosphere becoming a lot more loose and welcoming. "Well," Jin sighed, "It's complicated. Weve got a bit of a fling going on but I think he's gonna ask me to be my boyfriend, between you and me."

"What will you say?"

"I might say no just to mess with him and then immediately laugh and tell him the truth. I'm so in love with him, it's crazy. Crazy embarrassing, honestly. Being in love is so embarrassing."