22. Scared

I'll wipe every tear that falls from your pretty little eyes, Hoseok."

Hoseok gave a wet chuckle, "Okay," but it was empty.
________________

"There's something about him," Yoongi's advisor, Jimin, said. "Somethings just not normal. He's not a regular guy."

"I could say the same about you."

"Oh, shut up, Seokjin!" He snapped back. "He's not normal. Every time he walks in a room I feel all tingly." Jimin shook his hands to exhibit what he meant.

"Then you have a crush." Namjoon boredly threw in, mostly to see what Yoongi would do. He was bored after all. Yoongi's eyes shot to Jimin though he didn't move any other muscles, shooting daggers his way. Namjoon breathed harshly through his nose, an inner chuckle to himself. He knew that'd happen.

Jimin shook his head. "No! That's not it either, numb nuts. I can't put my finger on it, somethings weird about him."

"He's not weird." Yoongi adamantly spoke up.

"Yeah, right." Jimin scoffed, "Keep telling yourself that. Deep down, you feel it, too."

"You Don't know what You're talking about." Yoongi said a bit louder, voice unwavering as his heart beat quicker. Jimin was getting on his nerves. This wasn't the first time he'd said that.

"Oh, someone's mad." Namjoon chimed in, laughing when Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Relax, Jimin." Seokjin said. "You sure you're not just jealous because Yoongi spends more time with Hoseok than with you?"

"Urgh! No!" Jimin huffed, "I'm serious, somethings off about him. I don't think it's something bad but I don't like that I don't know what it is."

"You're delusional." Yoongi stated. "You're a filthy sinner, you don't know what you're talking about."

Jimin bit the inside of his cheek. Though that's what he was, what they all were, he didn't like being called that. No one here liked it much. It was a fact, but a fact that had ruined their lives for eternity. Being evil was like a double edged sword. "Fine! Whenever it comes to light, I'll rub it in your stupid face. I'm your advisor for fucks sake, take my advice."

"No, You're here as council, not to give me advice. Know your place before I give it to someone else."

"You know what? Fine, I'm outta here." Jimin huffed, stomping off through the doors.

"Whew," Namjoon whistled, "He's heated."

"Jimins always a pissy pants." Seokjin giggled, not seeing Namjoon try to hide his blush. "It's okay, Yoongi. He doesn't know what he's saying. He's probably just sad because you don't play video games with him anymore."

Yoongi shook his head, ordering some servants to bring over his goblet of fire. Time for the next task.

Hoseok thought about the ruined portrait in the closet that he'd been hiding. It's been three days since it went missing and while it hasn't been such a big deal, Yoongi was searching for the culprit quietly. So quietly, even Hoseok had no idea.

Hoseok decided to go for another walk through the mansion to check it out more. I'm sure there's probably an endless labrynth that he's not found yet but walking through the house was already enough.

He admired all the intricate details that you had to look closely to see. Like the carvings along the baseboard of every floor, or the way the colors subtly changed from room to room though all in the warm family usually . Only someone of such high luxury could pay attention to detail, and that's precisely why it was all Yoongi's idea.