Chapter 1

"Good morning, mom," Tohru yawned as she held a picture frame of her mom. "Did you have a good sleep?" She laid on her pink bed and ran her hand over the soft fabric. Closing her eyes, she wished she could just curl under its covers and go back to sleep. Tohru gazed out the window. It was a bright beautiful morning and she could hear the sound of birds chirping in the trees as the sun rose behind them.

"I had a wonderful dream, mom," She continued, "There was a grand celebration of some sort of event. Everyone was there, even the Sohmas. Uo and Hana too."

Tohru sighed reminiscing her dream.

"I still remember it all... The food was amazing, mom, I wish you were there."

She kissed her mom's picture and got out of bed stretching.

Oh I should probably hurry up and make breakfast downstairs, she thought, I know Shigure will be very hungry.

Tohru changed out of her pajamas and dressed in her normal everyday wear.

"This should do." She looked at her clothes in the mirror. She was wearing a nice blue short sleeve blouse with a matching black skirt.

Tohru quietly walked down the hall, trying not to wake up Yuki and Kyo. The stairs creeked as she stepped on each one.

Once she reached the kitchen she started making breakfast. Miso soup and rice balls.

"Good morning Tohru!!"

Tohru jumped startled then turned around to see who called her name.

"Oh I'm sorry Tohru I didn't mean to scare you." Shigure laughed.

Tohru sighed in relief, "Good morning too Shigure! And that's okay!" She then resumed her cooking.

Shigure sniffed the air with his dog smelling instincts, "Miso soup, huh?"

"Yup! Its almost done too." Tohru replied as she went back to stirring the soup.

"Yum! Soup! And on this cold winter morning too!" Shigure sighed sweetly.

"That's good unless you didn't include any leaks." A voice grumbled from outside the kitchen door.

"Oh good morning Kyo!" Tohru called. She regonized that complaint from no one but Kyo.

The orange haired boy stepped into the kitchen and by the look on his face he was half asleep.

"Okay everyone! Miso is ready and so are the rice balls!" Tohru said.

Everyone sat around the table eager to eat the breakfast Tohru especially made. Everyone except Yuki.

"Hmm is Yuki awake yet?" Tohru asked looking around the room.

"I'm not sure but he'll wake up when he's ready Tohru, please come sit and eat." Shigure reassured her.

Kyo let out a defiant mumble and rubbed his orange hair. "Good, I won't have to deal with that damn rat in the morning." He reached over to the side of the table where the chopsticks laid.

"I should go check on him just in case." Tohru said.

"Oh alright." Shigure sighed. "I guess its just gonna be me and Kyo.. Eating this wonderful breakfast that lovely Tohru made for us.. Ahh.. The warm taste of the miso soup.."

Slap

"Would you just shut up and eat your food already?!" Kyo yelled, obviously annoyed in his half asleep state.

Shigure splattered water on his eyes to fake cry. "Oh Tohru! Kyo-kun is being mean! Um Tohru?"

But Tohru wasn't standing in the dining room anymore, she was on her way upstairs to go check on Yuki and giggled as she heard the two argueing behind her.