Chapter 17

Tohru sat on the roof, drying her tears. The moon loomed over the forest casting shadows from where they stood.

She stared at where Kyo had ran into the woods, his eyes were full with anger because she was already with Yuki.

"I let him down." Tohru murmered. "This is all my fault."

She didn't know that Kyo felt like that towards her, even though times before Yuki asked her out, she felt that way too. But now she realized she only sees Kyo as a close friend, almost like a brother.

Tohru slowly got up from the roof and gazed over the trees, hoping to see Kyo coming back home.

"Miss Honda?"

Tohru looked down from the roof to see Yuki standing outside.

"I'm up here!" She called.

Yuki looked up. "There you are, I've been looking for you."

"I'm sorry I should've told you where I went in the first place." She replied.

He smiled at her. "The most important thing is that your safe."

Warmth rushed through Tohru from Yuki's words. "I'll come down there."

She took a step towards the opening in the roof which led inside the house. Two more steps, she was almost there. Her eyes darted from either side looking for a source of light to see her feet.

She moved her feet around to find something to hold on to. Her right foot stepped on something sturdy, so she applied pressure.

Tohru yelped in surprise as her foot slipped from the roof. She slid all the way down to the edge until her legs were hanging off the side of the house. Her arms, holding on to the roof.

"Miss Honda!" Yuki was right under her. "Are you okay??"

"Yuki!" She looked down and gasped. She was way up in the sky from the ground.

"Let go!" He called.

"What!?"

"Trust me, Miss Honda." He opened his arms. "I'll catch you."

Tohru nodded slowly. But before she could reply she felt her fingertips slip from her grip. She screamed as she fell from the roof. She was getting closer to the ground until she felt arms grasp around her body.

"Gotcha!" Yuki held on to her as he used his body to support her fall onto the ground.

They laid panting on the grass. Yuki's arms wrapped around a shaking Tohru.

"I.. Told you.. I was.. Gonna catch you." Yuki breathed.

Tohru took a deep breath. "Thank you."

The couple laid there for a few more minutes, holding on to one another.

Tohru snuggled deeper in Yuki's arms, closing her eyes.

"Are you tired, Miss Honda?" He whispered.

"No I'm fi-" a yawn cut off her sentence, answering Yuki's question.

Yuki chuckled. "Come on let's go inside."

Yuki let go his grip around Tohru and got up, helping her off the ground. Then he carried her bridal style, inside.

Yuki was about to open Tohru's bedroom door but she shook her head.

"Yuki.. Is it okay if I stay with u tonight?" She asked shyly. "I don't want yo be alone after what happened.."

He smiled. "Of course you can Miss Honda." He walked inside his room, still carrying Tohru.

Yuki laid Tohru on his bed, placing the covers over her.

"Are you gonna sleep too?" She yawned.

"Don't worry about me. You need to rest." He said placing a small kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight, love."

Tohru smiled, blushing. "Goodnight, Yuki."

With that, she closed her eyes. Her breathing became steady and she was asleep.

----------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks so much for 493 reads! I hope you all are enjoying this story!

Happy Reading! :D O(≧∇≦)O ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ (★^O^★)

-M