Chapter 34

"Hey Yankee." He greeted.

"Hey orange top." Uo smirked as she saw Kyo standing by the door of her room.

He had a very wide smile on his face and he said nothing. He just stared at her with that goofy grin.

Uo chuckled. "I know I'm pretty and I'm flattered, but seriously stop staring at me. You're creeping me out."

Kyo gave his head a little shake and turned away. "Sorry." He mumbled.

Uo gazed at Kyo who stared at the ground with a blank expression. His orange bangs covered his forehead, casting dark shadows on his face. A few moments past and they slowly made eye contact together.

Uo flashed him a sympathetic smile and laughed. "Don't just stand there, ya dumbass." She gestured him to sit down next to her.

Kyo nodded. He walked over and took a seat next to Uo where she sat on the hospital bed.

"So.. Er. How you feeling?" He asked awkwardly.

"I feel better I guess." She started. "My left arm kinda hurts and my head is still a bit dizzy, but other than that I'm feeling okay."

Uo looked over at the beeping monitors beside her. Then her gaze traveled over to where Kyo sat. He was studying his hands intently and he didn't make eye contact with her. Uo let out an exasperated sigh and set the manga she was reading on a small table next to her.

What happened after I passed out..? I don't remember anything at all..

"Hey Kyo?"

"Hmm?" He raised his head and looked at her.

"What happened after I.. Well you know." She asked him.

Kyo hesitated. "Its kinda hard to explain.." He started. "After you.. Fell. I freed myself from the ropes they tied me in and ran towards you. Tohru, Yuki, and Hana came afterwards and Hana called the ambulance."

Kyo paused before continuing. "You were in such a bad shape.. Some of the doctors thought you weren't gonna make it." He turned to look at Uo who listened intently. "But you did and that's all that matters now."

Uo nodded. "Yeah I thought I wasn't gonna make it either.. And for some reason I did."

"Everyone's so relieved your okay." Kyo replied. "Tohru and Hana wouldn't leave your side when we were in the ambulance."

Uo smiled. "They're amazing girls." Her smile suddenly fell into a frown. "What happened with Minako and her gang?"

Kyo shrugged. "No one knows. Even the police are on the case and they haven't found them yet. They just disappeared."

She clenched her fist. "They better stay the hell away from us."

"Yeah." Kyo agreed.

Uo's hand traveled to her left arm which was wrapped in a sling. She winced as the pain stung then relaxed.

Why did this have to happen..?

Small images flashed in her mind of what happened when they encountered Minako and her former gang The Ladies. How they tied up her and Kyo and knocked them out. Her lip quivered as she remembered staring at Kyo who was standing in the middle of the road.

And she suddenly remembered the pain when she got hit by the car. At that moment she felt numb but now she felt like a thousands needles were jabbing her nonstop. Uo bit her tongue, holding back tears. She finally backed out of her memories and turned to look at Kyo.