Chapter 7

Tohru's stomach growled.

"Are you hungry, Miss Honda?" Yuki asked.

Tohru blushed. "A little."

He smiled. "Me too, I know a good restaurant close by."

Tohru nodded and followed him through the crowd, winding their way around people. Tohru looked around admiring the fallen snow. Clumps of the white powder surrounded the ground forming small hills of snow. She breathed in the sweet smell of cheerios as they walked past a stand.

She saw families waiting in line for the ferris wheel, small children jumping around excited. Couples holding hands as they walked by Tohru. She gazed at Yuki's hand which swayed beside him as he walked. She felt the urge to grab it and feel his warmth.

"Here we are." Yuki announced. They stopped in front of a tall two story building.

Zodiacs, the sign read.Vines hung from the side of a balcony which gazed over the frozen lake to the right. Small pedestals surrounded the building which held statues of the zodiac animals.

Tohru spotted a statue of the rat next to the statue of the cow. Outside, tables were set with a candle lit up. Red garments covered the tables, the sun reflected off the cloth making it glow bright orange.

"Wow." Tohru breathed.

Yuki chuckled beside her and opened the door. "After you, Miss Honda."

"Thank you." She smiled and walked inside the magnificent restaurant, Yuki followed behind her.

"So Yuki, the name Zodiacs, is that a Sohma thing?"

"Yes, the owner of this restaurant is a Sohma." He replied.

"Wow! Owner of this restaurant? That's amazing!" Tohru exclaimed. "Are they apart of the Zodiac curse too?"

Yuki shook his head. "No they are apart of the extended family."

"Oh okay."

"Hello there!" A lady with red curly hair walked up to them. She was wearing a white blouse with a long black skirt. A red apron tied around her waist.

"Hi!" Tohru greeted.

"My name is Carla and I'll be your waitress tonight. Table for two?"

"Yes please." Yuki said politely.

"Yuki Sohma isn't it?"

"That's me." Yuki replied.

"Great!" She exclaimed enthusiastically. "Right this wayyyy!" She walked out the building to the garden.

Yuki and Tohru followed her giggling softly.

Carla led them to a table for two next to a fountain in the garden. There was a lit candle sitting on the table. Willow trees swayed in the evening wind.

"Will this do?" She gestured to the table near the fountain.

"What do you think, Miss Honda?" Yuki asked her.

She blushed. "Oh its okay really! Thank you very much."

Carla smiled as they took a seat, she handed their menus. "Take all the time you need, I'll come back once your ready to order."

"Thank you!" Tohru called as their waitress walked away.

"What do you like, Miss Honda?" Yuki asked.

"Hmm." She examined the choices. "That looks good, but so does that, oh! They have rice balls!"

Yuki chuckled. "Choose whatever you like."