Chapter 41

"You think you've escaped me?"

Uo stared with wide eyes at the dark swarming clouds above her head. Air was being sucked inside it's impenetrable vortex and a loud voice boomed from behind the chaos.

She knew this was all just a dream but from the cuts and bruises she received so far, it almost felt like reality.

"That was only the beginning." It cackled. The storm swirled horribly fast and Uo was swept off her feet until she floated into the air. Her body inches away from the whirlpool of clouds. Her mouth opened letting out a silent scream as her legs were dangling into nothingness.

"This isn't over!" The voice shouted, "Your inside a world full of pain and suffering... You've made your choice... And now I have made mine..."

Suddenly, the storm grew unbearable and the wind seemed to pull the breathe out of Uo. Her body began to fade away into the abyss of hell and her soul was being extracted from deep inside her chest. Parts of her memories were being flashed before her eyes and she saw everyone she cared about disappear in front of her.

Her mom... Her dad... Kyo... Hana... Tohru... everyone...

Struggling against the current, Uo attempted to push herself away but only encouraged the chaos to pick up intense speed. It seemed as if it were feeding off her fear and anger.

Her heart suddenly stopped pounding after the sound of a gun shot...

-------------------------------

Gasping, Uo sat up abruptly in fear. Her hands scrambled towards her chest, trying to feel a heartbeat. After a few seconds she was able to feel her beating heart increase in rate. Her head was covered in sweat and pain pounded throughout her body.

Closing her eyes tight, Uo bent down and brought her legs close to her body. Untangling strands of her blonde from her forehead, she took in deep breaths and silently told herself to calm down.

That... dream.. it felt so real..

Uo shook her head. It wasn't a dream at all... It was a nightmare...

With a start, she realised that she woke up in the middle of the night. The room brightened every time a cloud would move away from covering the moon then would darken again once more.

There was soft breathing next to Uo and she turned to look at her left. Kyo was still asleep. His body was half covered in the blanket they were sharing and he was snoring softly. Uo felt relief wash over her that she was not alone. She remembered falling asleep in Kyo's arms a couple hours before. She slowly laid back down on the bed and relaxed.

As if on cue, one of Kyo's hands reached over and wrapped around her waist bringing her closer to him. Uo was pulled backwards until she felt Kyo's chest behind her head. He then curled his arm around her body, tightening his grip. Smiling to herself, Uo snuggled her head under his chin, thankful for his warmth after the horrible nightmare.

Her eyes began to close and she was once again pulled into darkness, but this time Kyo was there holding on to her, acting as her anchor to reality.

-----------------------

Uo blinked open her eyes as she heard someone in the distance calling her name. Above her was a blur of orange hair and she had to rub her eyes to clear her vision.