Chapter 16

Bump, bump, bump

"What the hell?" Uo grumbled. She slid off her bed rubbing her tired eyes. It was 6pm in the evening and she just woke up from her nap because of some stupid noise she heard.

She quickly brushed her hair and walked out of her room. She squinted from the setting sun from outside.

Bump, bump, bump

It came from outside of her house. The back maybe.

Too lazy to go get her nun chucks, she opened the front door and carefully tiptoed to the back.

Snap

"Shoot." She looked down to see a broken twig under her fuzzy slippers.

The pounding stopped.

Uo's eyes narrowed. She took a silent deep breath. I'm gonna round the corner to see what idiot would be pounding on my house.

One, two, three!

Uo rounded the corner only to be meet by a branch held up mid air.

"Shit, wait!" She held up her hands, closing her eyes.

The attacker hesitated, then they dropped their weapon.

She opened her eyes slowly. It was Kyo. His orange hair all messed up, legs and arms covered in cuts and bruises.

"Uo?" His voice croaked with confusion.

"Kyo?" She stared at him. "What.. Are.. You doing.. Here?"

He sighed and slouch on the wall. "Trying to get away, that's what."

Uo squatted next to him. "From..?"

"From—" He paused. "Why should I be telling you?"

"Oh you got a problem sharing your troubles with a girl." She smirked.

"No!"

"Liar."

"Shut up, Yankee."

Uo laughed. "Alright, alright." She got up from her position. "Come on, let's go inside to patch up your cuts, then you can tell me the story."

Kyo nodded and followed Uo to her front door.

"Where's your parents." He asked looking around when they got inside.

"On a vacation trip." She replied shutting the door. "That means I get the house all to myself."

Kyo let out an exasperated sigh and sat on one of the couches in the living room. He winced as he felt the pain from his wounds rush in his body.

Uo went to the kitchen and grabbed a hot towel, alcohol, band aids, and a cup of water. She took the items and walked to the living room where Kyo was sitting, eyes closed.

"Hey, you okay?" Uo asked as she placed the objects on the coffee table and sat next to Kyo.

"No I'm covered in cuts and bruises, what do you think?" He mumbled.

Uo scoffed. "Well its your own ass fault. What were you doing anyway?"

"Running through the forest." He replied.

"And did you even care where you were going?"

"Why would I?"

"Gee, I wonder." Uo rolled her eyes.