Chapter 40

After finding Kyo, the four friends walked back to Shigure's house. Peace filled the air as Tohru held hands with Yuki and Kyo did the same with Uo. She laid her head on Kyo's shoulder and wrapped her arm tightly around his, not wanting to let go. After all that happened the last couple of days, Uo was scared of losing him again.

Kyo seemed to notice her sudden action and kissed her forehead slightly. "I'm here. Don't worry."

Uo smiled up at him and nodded.

Ahead of her was Tohru and Yuki, their arms wrapped around each other as they walked.

A lump crept in the back of Uo's mouth and she kept out a silent yawn. Suddenly her feet started to feel heavy and her side still ached after being pushed to the ground by Kyo when he transformed.

Uo shivered. She didn't want to remember anymore of that... Especially Akito.

"Tired?" Kyo murmered.

"Yeah." Uo yawned again.

Once the four friends got back to Shigure's house, Yuki went to go and sleep in his room followed by Tohru who didn't want to be alone. Uo and Kyo stood awkwardly in the hall.

"Well I guess we better get some rest." Uo said after moments of silence.

Kyo nodded. "Yeah."

But before Uo walked towards her room, Kyo grabbed her hand. Uo turned around startled.

"Uh.. I.. Sorry." He stammered in embarrassment. "I was just wonder if... (Mutters)."

Uo smirked. "What was that?"

"I was just wondering.. If you can sleep.. With me.." He said, then quickly. "But not like that." Kyo's face flushed.

Uo smiled genuinely at him. "Sure."

Kyo let out a sigh of relief. He walked into his room followed by Uo, his hand still holding hers. They both sat on Kyo's bed but didn't go to sleep yet.

"Its been a long day, huh?" Kyo finally said.

"Yeah." Uo agreed.

"I want to say thank you." He replied turning to look at her.

Uo stared in his eyes and smiled. "Anytime orange top."

"But did you mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"That... You love me..?" His eyes shimmered full of hope.

Uo leaned forward and kissed the top of his nose. "I meant everything I said, orange top."

A few moments passed and Uo curled into Kyo's arms. He squeezed her small shoulders and tightened his grip. She wanted to stay in his arms forever, forgetting all the world's bull crap and problems. Being with Kyo made her feel loved. More than the love her parents had shown her.

Her parents...

Uo's mind filled with unease as she was remembered that Akito was behind her parent's disappearance. As if the universe wanted her to feel more uncomfortable, she flinched as Kyo commented out loud.

"What... What if this doesn't work out?" He suddenly murmered.

"What do you mean." Uo broke out of his grasp and turned to look at him.

"Us." He finally said. "We being together... I know that Akito will do anything to separate us. He doesn't want any of the members of the Zodiac to find love. Think of what he might do to you."