Chapter 9

"Come on orange top, we should get going." Uo called as she got up from the table.

Kyo grumbled and followed her out the door leaving their pay.

After sledding on the snowy mountain and Kyo flying over a river, they chose to eat at Zodiacs. This was 25 minutes after Yuki and Tohru ate there.

Uo glanced up at the sky. Wow so many colors. "We should go, its getting dark." She said.

"Since when do you make the decisions around here?" Kyo growled.

Uo stopped in her tracks and looked down. "Sorry, I guess I just became so motherly after Kyoko died..."

Kyo stopped too. "Er.. Well sorry for snapping."

Uo's head shot up. "What did you say?"

"Sorry for snapping." He muttered.

"Wait what was that?"

"Sorry for-" Kyo stopped and saw Uo smirking at him. "Well damn! You ain't gonna let me repeat that again, Yankee!"

Uo laughed. "Softy."

Kyo fumed and sighed then started walking again. "Come one, like you said. Its getting dark.. Let's get back to the others."

She nodded in agreement and walked side by side with Kyo, but keeping a feet distance apart.

There was just something about him, Uo thought. Yeah sure he could be a real dumbass, but there's just something about him that's not all bad. She smiled to herself. I'll just have to get it out of him... Not like that to all you perverts.

------------------------------------------------

When we got back to the car, Hana and Shigure were already there waiting for them, talking quietly.

"Hey guys!" Uo greeted as she and Kyo walked up to them.

"Hello Uotani-san." Shigure replied. "How was the competition?"

"Don't you even dare bring that up." Kyo grumbled.

"Orange top here flew on a ramp." Uo smirked. "And I warned him too."

"I said not to bring that up!" He yelled.

Shigure laughed. "Well Kyo, now you've learned your lesson."

He glared at Uo then Shigure. "Whatever." He looked away.

This got Shigure shocked. "Are you okay Kyo? Usually you would start snapping at me already."

His head shot around. "Well damn! I could act however I want okay?!"

With that he opened the passenger seat, got inside and slammed the door.

We all started laughing.

"Typical Kyo." Shigure chuckled.

"He's changed." Hana observed.

Shigure nodded. "Well its probably been Tohru's influence."

"No." Hana said. "Its something more. Yes its true, Tohru is a very good person. But there's something else that I feel... Another person I suppose?"

He flinched. "Hmm I never thought about that. What do you think Uo?"

She winced. "Don't look at me, we basically hate each other and its cool."

"But we never said it was about you." Hana replied.

Uo shrugged and looked away embarrassed.

"Hate is a strong word." Shigure stated. "Kyo may hate, or may think he hates, but I know inside of him there's good."

Uo heard the car door open soflty. She peeked around the car to see Kyo's window rolled down slightly. She could see his orange hair through the window.

Uo left Shigure and Hana talk about the meaning of the word hate and went up to Kyo's window.

"Hey orange top." She greeted leaning against the door.

"What do you want, Yankee?" He growled.

She shrugged. "Nothing, you just looked lonely here and I thought I'd come talk to you."

Kyo opened his mouth to protest then slowly clamped it shut. He turned away from the window.

"Um you okay?" Uo asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, why do you care?"

Uo said nothing and opened the back door letting herself inside the warm car. She dropped her stuff under her seat and unbuttoned her snowy jacket.

"It was getting cold out there." She murmered.

Kyo nodded and stared out the front window into the trees.

Uo dug inside her back to find a small heater pack. Once she found it she rubbed the pack against her bare legs, warming them.

Kyo turned and gasped.

Uo looked up. "What?"

"The hell is wrong with you?!" Kyo shouted grabbing some blankets from his side. "Wearing shorts outside when it was snowing, are you out of your freaking mind?!"

He quickly placed the blankets on Uo's legs who stared at him shocked at his sudden actions.

"Its fine really." She said brushing him off.

"Of course it isn't! You could of gotten frost bite!" Kyo lectured.

Uo couldn't help but smile. Kyo's acting like he truly cares about her.

He looked up to see her smiling at him then he blushed and looked away. "Don't just sit there, warm yourself, ya dumbass."

Uo didn't mind what Kyo said about her all that matters is that he was worried about her. Maybe not too worried but worried enough to help warm her up.

"That dumb dog should've turned on the car." Kyo mumbled to himself as he found the keys in the ignition and turned it on.

The car sprang to life and warm air surged through Uo as the heater came on. She sighed relieved. Honestly, she was cold. Very cold. And Kyo giving her the blankets to warm herself.

She thought she heard Kyo mumble something about her, but forgot a out it and leaned against the window, sleep taking over her.