Chapter 26

Poof

Oh crap.. Kyo thought as he transformed into a cat, his zodiac form. He felt his clothes slip away from his small orange, furry body and fall to the ground. Above him was Uo and it looked like she was gonna squash him.. Any second now!

She fell backwards with a thump and fell on top of Kyo who let out a startled yelp. He face planted the grass making his nose tickle. He tried clawing his way out from under Uo but he was stuck.

And this is what I get for helping this damn Yankee??

He felt her stir above him and let out a groan.

"What the hell happened..?" She mumbled. Kyo saw her looking around, maybe looking for him.

"Kyo?" She called. "Where the heck are you?" Her voice had a hint of worry in it.

Ugh I'm just gonna have to make a sound for her to get off me. Plus she won't know I'm Kyo unless I don't change back anytime soon. But she can't know about my curse!

Kyo meowed as loudly as he could, consider the fact that he's a small cat being squashed under a person.

"Huh?" Uo flinched. "Was that a cat?"

No it was a dog, of course it was a cat dumb ass! What else animals meow?

Kyo meowed again, which came out more of a shriek.

"What the?" Uo turned and looked under her. "Oh shoot!" She got up quickly giving Kyo lots of room to crawl away.

"I'm so sorry." Uo kneeled in front of the orange cat. "I have no idea why I fell on you but I'm truly sorry."

Kyo meowed a reply of frustration.

"I don't suppose you know where Kyo is." Uo said. "He's a tall guy with spiky orange hair. Like the color of your fur for example." She shook her head. "He just disappeared for some reason... And leaving his clothes behind??"

Kyo's eyes turned to his black school uniform lying crumpled on the ground.

Oh shit.. I forgot about that.. I better distract her before she goes and call a security.

"So where are you from, you furball?" Uo asked reaching out her hand to stroke his fur.

Kyo jumped back in surprised and hissed.

She retreated her hand and flinched. "Easy. Its okay, I'm not gonna hurt you." Her voice was full of gentleness which soothed Kyo for some reason.

He slowly padded up to her pawing her skirt. Uo gently picked him up and placed him on her lap. She petted his small orange head carefully. Then her hands started scratching his furry neck making him purr.