Chapter 42

Uo woke up bright and early the next day. It was time to confront Akito and she was ready. Last night she had a mental lecture inside her head and she was able to get her shit together.

She felt adrenaline flow throughout her body as she got up from bed and change into her normal wear.

This is it. This is the time she was going to face Akito once and for all.

Uo took a deep breath as she stared at herself in the mirror. Her blonde hair was pulled back in a high ponytail but a few strands of short hair were able to escape the hold of her hair tie.

Sticking a bobby pin in a few places on her head, she stared at her reflection some more. Her face had a pained but determind expression.

"Hey Uo? You ready?"

"Yeah just give me a sec!" She called back, recognizing the deep yet sexy voice of Kyo. What the hell??

She frowned at her thoughts and shook her head, annoyed. It's not the time to get hormones in the way of the plan.

Uo walked and opened her door revealing Kyo who stood in the hallway, obviously waiting for her. He looked at her and said nothing as he silently observed her choice of clothing.

"We're not going to the Olympics." He smirked, "What's with the joggers?"

Uo scoffed, "Is it wrong to be comfortable while confronting an insane maniac?"

"Comfortable and Akito doesn't seem to be in the right category." Kyo said bluntly.

She shrugged aprehensively, "I honestly don't care anymore."

Kyo flashed her a sympathetic smile and walked forward to hug her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him until she was pressed up against his chest.

"Whatever happens," he whispered, "I'm not gonna let anything hurt you again. Ever."

Uo nodded as she tightened her grip around his neck and blinked several times, trying not to let tears escape her eyes. She had to stay strong. For Kyo, for Tohru, for Hana, even her parents.

"I can't believe we've been through all of this." Uo said softly, "So many things has changed."

"But we overcame them together." He said firmly, "This will be over before you know it."

I hope you're right. Uo thought.

Kyo gave one last squeeze until he pulled away. He leaned down and kissed Uo on the forehead and led her downstairs. There stood Tohru, Yuki, and Shigure waiting for them.

"Are you all ready?" Shigure asked trying to sound enthusiastic, though under his light hearted voice was a layer of uncertainty.

Yuki seemed to realize his doubt and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Yes we are." He confirmed.

Tohru wrapped her arms around Uo, embracing her closely, "I love you my best friend."

Uo smiled, "And I you."

Then they all got their things and headed out the house. Shigure sat in the driver's seat while Kyo sat with Uo behind him and Yuki and Tohru in the back.

There was a sympathetic silence lingering in the air as Shigure drove to the Sohma house. No one said a word as they stared out the windows, reminiscing all the good memories they shared before Akito came and snatched away their happiness.

As Shigure pulled up to the side of the Sohma house, Uo couldn't help but stare in astonishment. The Sohma house stretched out over an acre of land and trees lined up on the side of the fence which surrounded their lot. There was a gate in the middle which led inside the Sohma territory and opened up into beautiful gardens and houses.