(60)

Saira watched as Mr Malhotra walked in the room.

Goons stayed quiet as Mr Malhotra took his time in staring Saira and her.

Saira knew Mrs. Malhotra didn't like her but she couldn't have guessed Mr Malhotra would be involved in this.

Saira knew now wasn't the smartest move to shout for her to get out. It would anyway be falling on a dead ear.

She instead stayed quiet as the goons started to talk to him.

She was guessing from the words that a negotiation was going on.

If they should be murdered or thrown away in a far land.

Meanwhile the lady beside her blinked blankly at them and then at Saira.

Her hair was cut short and an aging grace was visible.

She didn't even need to speak for Saira to recognise it was her mother-in-law.

Nikhil's mother.

She finally spoke," I don't like dark places like this. I like bright places."

Saira turned to look at her.

She smiled and said," If I had a son of your age, I would have gotten him married to you. Unfortunately, my Nikhil is just 10."

Saira gulped as she realised her memory was stuck many years ago.

Saira asked slowly," Do you have a daughter?"

Anaika again gave a fond smile as she said," Yes, I have a beautiful daughter. She is younger than my son. But she has better sense in colors. I hope she follows my footsteps to become a designer."

Saira choked back as she wanted to stop herself from sobbing.

Saira spoke," If you had a grandchild, what would you name it?"

Anaika laughed slowly and said," My son is 10. I still would wait."

But she thought as she asked again," Dear, are you expecting?"

Saira nodded.

Saira felt weird as she realised the situation they were stuck in. She was pregnant and her mother-in-law had no idea what all had happened and they were talking as if their hands didn't wince from the ropes tied to their hand.

Anaika meanwhile thought and said," What is your husband's name?"

Saira bit her lip and smiled a bit as she said," It's Nikhil."

Anaika giggled at the name and said," If you have a daughter, name her Nisha or maybe Sania. And if it's a son, maybe, Sahil?"

Saira nodded at the suggestion while Anaika said," I wish my sister comes fast. She always saves me from situations like this."

Saira asked a bit shocked, "Situations like this?"

Anaika nodded as she said," My husband keeps on cheating, getting drunk and tries to harm me. I left his house but I was afraid he would find me."

Saira wanted to know more before goons grabbed Anaika and took her to other room while she resisted. Saira shouted to stop them but Mr Malhotra came and said," You know, my brother did find her. At the cottage."

Saira knew that the Nikhil's mother walked out of marriage and had assured him that she will return soon but they never heard from her. She knew Mrs Malhotra hid her somewhere but now she didn't know where she was.

Mr Malhotra had something to do with her. She was sure.

Mr Malhotra loosened his tie and said," I think my grandchild deserves to hear a last story. So let's hear it from me."

Saira's fears knew no bounds.

She just prayed that Nikhil will find her location.