(28)

The reception had finally ended

Saira never knew that fake smiling could tire you so much.
Her cheeks were hurting from smiling so much.
When all she wanted to do was cry and whine about her life.
Where the hell was her life going?
Her feet hurt from heels and her back hurt as Nikhil and Saira had been standing for too long.
And the makeup was damn itchy!
And let's not forget her mind was filled with Mrs Malhotra taunts.

She finally took a deep breath and said,"The night is finally over."
Nikhil watched her as she dragged herself to the room not once glancing at him.
He was irked before she didn't even complement him.He was dressed in his best clothes,he was complemented by media,business partners,everyone.
Except this lady named Saira Malhotra.
She had not once glanced at him.
He wondered what had taken this lady by storm?
Her eyes lacked the happy spark.
He sat and looked at the photo.
Their wedding photo.
She was lacking that happiness their too.
He wondered if he should blame himself?
His attention was back on Saira,as she slammed the washroom door and her makeup was wiped off,and was in tank top and pajamas.
Her eyes were puffy.
He stood up and took her hand.
Her eyes shot up to see him.Surprise was evident in her hazel eyes as she stared at him.
He spoke,"Come with me?"
She stared at him and said,"Whatever."
And she started walking up to his car.
Nikhil gulped as he realized Saira was in her baddest mood.Hell!She had even not said a single comment on how he is asking her or ordering her.
He walked and opened the door for her which she never refused,sat in the car and she slammed the door shut too loud.
Nikhil flinched.
He sat in his seat and started driving.His eyes went towards her various times.She stared straight.
Her silence felt suffocating to him.
He started the radio.She wasn't even tapping her foot when her favourite song came up.
He finally stopped the car.
He came out of his seat and motioned towards Saira who again slammed the car door.
Nikhil wondered if she was going to break his door.

Saira never thought that even small talk with Mrs Malhotra would make her feel like crying.
Why did she always insult her and her family?
Today definitely had turned a bad day.She didn't even care to make jokes on Nikhil during reception when Haryana wale Chachaji hugged Nikhil and almost suffocated him.
She didn't even speak how her breath had hitched when she had seen him in his suit.How suave he looked!
She was too tired to even put up a fight with Nikhil when he asked or rather ordered her to come with him.
It was one of the times,when you feel frustrated and tired.You want to simply shut down from world and just want to think a moment about your life.The moment when you could cry and no one would stop you.The moment when you shout out and release your agony.
Saira's life had been nothing less.
Her parents behaviour,her fake wedding even though it was her own decision but so soon...?
And Mrs Malhotra.
This was enough to take a toll on her.
Saira had never experienced such things and her new found crush on Nikhil,it was not easy to harbour crush when you are married to same person.Truly weird though.
In Alternate universe,she would be aww-ing but right now,she felt nothing but sadness creep in.
She heard him clear his throat and looked around her.

It looked a serene place.The winds blew and it was cold.Their was silence everywhere.But the silence was nice.For once.
Usually she would classify such place as creepy but right now,she liked it.There were trees and she could even see a nice house near.
But why had Nikhil brought her here?
Maybe reading her thoughts,Nikhil spoke,"I like to come here,when I am confused about my life.My situations were confusing many times,so I came here.I thought you would like it."
This place was one of Nikhil's favourite .He loved it so much that when he heard this place would be cleared off for deforestation,he immediately bought it.He preserved this place.

Saira's current mood didn't seem right and her conflicting feelings led her to ask him,"Why are you doing this?"
Nikhil looked aback and his smile fell.
He asked,"What do you mean?"
Saira faced him with a accusing face told him,"This....This all!You...You caring for me?"
Her eyes were filled with tears.
He stood there and said,"Because...I am your friend and err...your..uhh...fake husband?"
Her eyes widened and spoke,"Friend?Really?"
He nodded.
She turned away from him,watching the stars and said,"Fine.Tell me.How am I feeling?"
Nikhil heard her question,a bit shocked from her mood swings and spoke,"Umm..I think you are confused at this moment.Maybe frustrated on not knowing how to handle things in life currently?"
Saira nodded and asked,"What would you do?"
Nikhil thought and pondered for a moment and spoke,"I talk with myself.Shout or I si...I mean write."
Saira nodded before she turned toward himself with her eyes glittering with excitement," You sing?"
Nikhil shook his head and spoke,"No."
Her smile fell and she looked towards sky again.
She muttered after few agonising moments of silence,"I know what to do now.I know.Thanks Nikhil."
He nodded and smiled at her.
But she kept looking at the star.

She suddenly asked,"Do you believe that the one we love the most can be spotted in the most shining stars?"
Nikhil frowned at her question and asked,"Maybe.Maybe not."
She looked at him and asked,"Do you believe your mother could be one of those?"
Nikhil's lip thinned and he gritted his teeth at her question.
No one had ever dared to ask him about her mother.
Who was she?
He simply replied in a monotonous voice,"Back off Saira.You are not going to get any answers for my mother."
Saira's eyes widened and she spoke,"What?I just asked you!I am not crossing my limit.If you don't wanna answer it's fine."
She started walking towards the car when he held her arm and jerked her towards himself.
She stumbled and he held her,too tightly for her liking as he neared her and whispered angrily,"Remember no one asks me about her.I never tolerated Naina for it.What makes you think I will?"
She looked and her eyes glazed with anger,she pushed him and said,"You know what your problem is?"
He did not speak as he angrily glared at her,she took his silence as her answer,"Your problem is that you assume that everyone wants to know the sensitive topic of your life.You assume that I want to know!You know what?Your assumptions are gibberish and rubbish.I did not do anything other than asking you two questions.You get it?Freaking Two Questions?Newsflash Mr Malhotra,I am not interested in your life.If you didn't like the question,simply do that glare thing and I would have shut up.But no!You had to make it a big deal."
She took a deep breath.

He still looked angrily.Thats it!She had enough shit to last her this week.
She pointed a finger and said,"Watch me!"
She took the car keys as Nikhil watched Saira and she ran to the car.
It took a minute for him before he spoke,"No no...No!!!!"
He started running behind her and that's when Saira sat in the car and sped off,but not before giving a winning smirk to Nikhil.
He watched angrily as she left him behind at his place while Saira smirked thinking,"Nothing feels better than winning a race."
And she drove the car to her new house.
While Nikhil muttered,"It is not over,Mrs Saira Malhotra!"
And he kicked the nearest stone he could see.

So?How was it?
Did you like it?
Nikhil and Saira are fighting again.Was it bad that Saira left Nikhil left?Are their behaviour justified?
Tell me your views!I am waiting to hear!
Oh and I want to thank you all!This book has garnered above 100k views!This makes me totally delighted! :)
Comment,Read and Vote!
Lots of love!
Till then Ciao!