(14)

Anisa as Shyla(Last time I saw her  in Disney channel show!)

Dedicated to manha_786  for being awesome TU friend and Wattpad sister besides being a awesome Homo sapien! :P

Saira :
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
Yes Saira!You can do this!
This is such a easy task!
It's all a rosy path!

But to go towards flowery part you need to pass through the thorny path!
This is such a difficult task!
No Saira!You can't do this!

Oh shut up please!
I angrily muttered to myself as these thoughts came and went through my mind.
All this while,Nikhil was looking at me as if I was a weird person.
And believe me,I Am.
We were standing outside my house.
Nikhil was relaxed and I was filled with anxiety thoughts.
Of course,Why should he even worry?
Honestly I was afraid of Mrs Malhotra.But then I have signed the pact.
I took in a lot of air and released it.
I took Nikhil's hand,surprising him(and myself) and with a new determination of 'do or die' thinking I said,"Let's get this done now."
He  muttered,"Finally."
I simply glared at him.
The door was open.
So we simply entered.

"No!Please No!"My mother wept.
"I request you Mrs Malhotra,please just..."my father cried.
I was simply angered and looked over Mrs Malhotra who had a emotionless face and rather looked who was enjoying it.
My brother and Shyla were trying to stop the packaging staff to stop packing.
I literally dug my nails into Nikhil's hand as I had forgotten I was holding his hand(totally rough hand) and my anger was at another level and he jumped when he felt the pain.Of course I will apologise later.
I stepped forward leaving his hand and spoke up in a dominating voice,"What is going on here?"
Everyone stopped doing whatever they were doing.
Mrs Malhotra turned to look over me with a bored expression.
Until her eyes landed at Nikhil.
Her expression was blank for few seconds.
Finally,she asked in a gentle tone,"Son,what are you doing here?"
He soberly answered,"Umm,we have a important announcement?"
He made it sound like question and I glared daggers at him.
He just had to speak in a dominant voice,"We have a announcement." But he spoke it in a meek way.
He shrugged.
I finally said,"Yeah we do have and I bet you all will be happy!" I said with fake enthusiasm.
Shyla and Aarav glanced at each other if they knew something.
But my parents and Mrs Malhotra did not have any kind of expression.
Strange!
Still,I decided to ignore and held my hand out for everyone to see the beautiful diamond ring and spoke with (fake) shyness,"Nikhil just proposed me and I accepted it.So,umm,yeah,So uhh....Yay!"I muttered last part nervously.
I looked up to see their expressions.
My parents and Mrs Malhotra's mouth went open with shock.
Shyla and Aarav burst out laughing.
What the hell!
Everyone now was laughing.
"This is not a joke!" I shouted angrily.Okay,I didn't shout I said in a soft voice.
Shyla and Aarav wiped their tears.
Aarav finally smiled and said,"If it is actually true then congrats.It would be fun to watch your banters for whole life now."
Shyla mouthed 'details' and I nodded.
Mrs Malhotra cleared her throat and said,"I think we are not ready to deal with a debt ridden in-laws,right ,Nikhil?"
She was glaring him.
He told in a monotone voice,"Let's talk about it at home."
She simply did not want to agree I could see but she nodded.
Then she turned to me and said,"I always thought my son would marry his ex-girlfriend!"
Everyone gasped!
What does she mean?!
Nikhil spoke,"Mom!" His tone warning him.
I took a deep breath and reminded myself of the song,"Kill em with kindness!"
So I simply replied with a fake smile,"Well I'm glad he didn't because then you wouldn't have become my mother-in-law." Leave it up to her to decide if I was being sincere or sarcastic.
She stood confused and frowned.
She finally said,"Stop being Ms Sarcasm.I know what you are trying to say!You know I can snatch your everything in just snap of fingers!Listen here,you idiot.If you think that marrying my son,you will fulfill all your selfish desires than stop right there.I have many girls lined up.I hate to say that the thing what you call,Yeah,that dance academy has started well because of our connection with NGO.So don't think you are successful professional independent girl.You don't know what has hit you right now."
I rolled my eyes.She didn't need to know statistics of how well it was running even before their intervention.
I was surprised that Nikhil did not defend me and he was busy talking at phone.
His mother just insulted me!
Aarav said,"Okay,I repeat this Mrs Malhotra again.My sister has done nothing wrong with you.So stop making damn assumptions."
Mother and Dad were silent.
Why weren't they defending me?
Nikhil suddenly said,"How dare you Aarav to talk with my mother like that!"
We all turned to face his angry face.
Aarav answered,"How dare she insult my sister!"
Nikhil came and his stride showing dominance said in a menacing voice,"Is she criticising her?Thats what elders do!So stop trying to insult her!And Aarav preserve your business...."
I could see the hurt in his face and Shyla shouted,"Nikhil!"
Nikhil without caring said,"Ms Shyla,you have no right to..."
Why should I let him insult my family?
So very angrily I said,"Shut up Nikhil.Security!Come here!Drag them out!"
Those two body guards were same who had once handled Nikhil.
Nikhil was shocked and Mrs Malhotra was looking like someone had told her that her hair was growing white.
My parents tried to stop me.Aarav,me and Shyla ignored their request.
The two bodyguards gladly drew them out.
That's what you get for insulting my family.

Hello everyone!
We got 20 k views and 700 votes!Thank you so much!
So,Saira just defended her family by yet again dragging Nikhil out.
Who do you think is right?Nikhil or Saira?
Aarav and Shyla are one of my fav characters.
Aarav stood up for his sister and Shyla for her bff and husband!
Tell me your views on this chapter!
Keep commenting reading and voting.
Ciao!