(26)

Dedicated to @romaanjum for being the first voter! Thank you all those who voted for my story in Gold ivory award.Even if I did not win,I have no regrets but I am glad to have seen such great support! Really guys!It means a lot.Next chapter will be dedicated to all those voters(hopefully I will be able to add every voter's name.)

Remember we all face our storms daily?The most difficult sometimes can be the internal battles that go on inside us

The most difficult sometimes can be the internal battles that go on inside us.The battles that are not acknowledged by anyone but only you are the one that knows it.
They keep us thinking,frustrates us,brings anguish but all you manage to do is stay silent to your battles.
No one knew the trouble that Nikhil went through.
He was small,probably ten years when he saw his mother leaving the house.
His mother before going out had called Nikhil.
Nikhil came running to his mom.
His mother,whose blue eyes shone from tears looked at him.
Nikhil always wanted to inherit those blue eyes.Alas,he ended up inheriting those brown eyes from his dad.
He frowned as he looked at his mother.She had been crying.
He wanted to ask her why but he didn't.
He knew the reason.
His mother silently handed him her own ring.A ring that had been from generations to generations passed down.
She bent down to his level,opened his closed fist and kept the ring in it.She kissed his forehead and handed him a letter before hugging him.
A commotion was heard.His mother got up suddenly and she exited the house.
And that was the last time.
At least for him.
He wondered if anyone knew about it.
Diya was such small toddler when their mom had left.Diya for years,kept asking about her mother.
Every time,he said a lie,his words itself turned to stab his own heart.
He couldn't trust his own father.He had started losing faith to people around him.
But to teach Diya,sometimes,he himself had to learn some lessons.Both for books as well as for life.
Maybe,that was the result that he had slowly fell in love with his bestfriend Naina.
Naina never asked him the reason on why he is sad.Her smiles,laughter and her talk made him forget his own worried life.
He felt as if his life is complete.
He had proposed her to be his girlfriend when they were 18.They were the cutest couple in whole college as both took care of each other.
But they say,that caring and loving is different.
Maybe Nikhil loved Naina,but Naina deeply cared for him.
It was the last year of college when Naina realized this and spoke to Nikhil.
Naina entered the room where Nikhil sat writing his assignment.
Naina smiled at his nerdy self.She knocked the door.Nikhil turned to look at the intruder before he smiled and said,"Oh!its you!Come Naina."
Naina took cautious steps before stepping in front of him.
Nikhil continued to talk about his day.
Naina looked again at Nikhil.She knew if she didn't say it know then later it would be catastrophic to both sides.
Naina took deep breaths before saying,"Nik,I need to say something."
Nikhil nodded and looked at her expectantly.
She stuttered as she tried to say,"Nikhil....I....err...We...."
And she broke down and cried.
How would she manage to tell him that they are not made for each other?
Nikhil left his assignment to pat her back softly and spoke in a gentle voice,"Naina!What is it?"
She kept crying as she said,"Nik,I....Probably I will.....I just want to say we must break up."
Nikhil stepped back and he looked shocked.
Naina wiped her tears and said,"I..I...know that you will....I mean ....I read your letter to propose me.We...we are two different people Nik.I cannot handle the times when you suddenly go all moody and silent and then next day,you are back to normal. It's difficult..I hope that you are understanding...."
Nikhil was enraged.
How dare she read his letters?His personal letters to his mother?
Nikhil asked in a low voice,"How dare you to read my letters?HOW DARE YOU?And have you ever asked me the reason why I am like this?Why....."
Naina interrupted shouting,"See!SEE!This is why I can't tolerate you at such times.That's it!We are breaking up!My dad anyway didn't want me to have a relation with you!"
Nikhil agaped and stood shocked again at this reveal.It sinked to him that she was breaking up with him.
This wasn't one of those fights.This was the end.
Nikhil didn't care if he sounded desperate but he spoke,"Naina,please!We love each other....Remember the times when I helped you,when you helped me?And why would your dad oppose our relationship?And Naina,leave that aside,you told me that you liked me on 15th ....."
Naina stopped his speaking and said,"Nik,there is difference between caring and loving.And I have realized it.What I felt for you this any years was that I deeply cared for you.And why wouldn't dad oppose our relationship Nik?We all know that your family's company is deteriorating with losses....Let's not forget even your mother...."
Nikhil shouted this time,"Get lost Naina!Get lost!Don't even show me your face!Go away!"
He no longer cared if Naina felt bad or if she was crying,
She had insulted his mother,even after knowing that his love towards Mother was above everything.
The whole college knew about it.
Everyone expected that Nikhik would take a leave or something after such a bad breakup.After all their relationship had been from years.
But everyone stood shocked as Nikhil came up the next day with his finished assignment.
And everyone noticed how drastically the sweet ,smiling,caring Nikhil had vanished to become the cold,glaring man who only minded his own business.
Afterall,he had to make and establish the new Malhotra company.
His internal battles unknown to many.
But why he told Saira that he wanted to marry Naina?No one knew except him.
****************************************************************************************************