(34)

Please comment,read and vote!

Don't be a ghost reader *-* I would love to read your comments :)

Happy reading! 

Varun Dhawan as Advay!

Three months.
Three awkward months.
I absolutely hated it!

There had been hardly any conversation between me and Nikhil.
Obviously I was putting myself to road of recovery. Plus Diya and Kartik's wedding was fixed.God knows,what really happened but I am not complaining about that.
From being on wheelchair,I was now able to walk properly a bit.There were still some restrictions.
No doubt,Nikhil had been an absolute good guy.He handed me medicines at right time,helped me to go to sleep and adjust to my daily schedule,but other than that there were hardly any talks.
I was totally regretting my heartfelt confession.
Suddenly I was missing his grumpy self.
But I guess that came with a price of confession.
I sighed and got back to eating my apple.

I heard a creek sound and turned to see Nikhil ready in his usual office suit.
He looked at me briefly and sat on his chair and greeted me,"Good morning."
I smiled and greeted back.
Now you would say what is awkward in here?
It's the silence.
We ate in silence and the only sound would be heard was the cutlery and me biting the apple.
His gaze had briefly stopped at me when I was biting the apple before he coughed a bit loud and concentrated on his meal again.
Strange.
I shook my head and kept eating my meal when he asked,"When is your appointment?"
I thought and spoke,"Today."
He looked at me and nodded.
He again asked me,"Medications?"
I said while aiming to throw the leftover apple piece to the dustbin,"Done."
He nodded and I threw the piece.
Unfortunately,Nikhil decided to stand at the same time and the piece hit him directly over the head.
He winced loudly,"Ouch."
I gave him a sheepish smile and said,"Sorry."
He gave me normal glare and pressed his fingers gently in the spot where it hit him.
I got up from my chair and walked slowly near him to examine him if I had some damage.
As soon I reached near him,I swatted his hand away so I could examine him closely.
He gave me a glare again and I shrugged and checked the spot.

No damage.Maybe only a little brain damage,that's it.
As soon as I was done,I looked back at him and noticed the proximity we were standing.
We were close.Not too close but close enough to notice each other's small things.
Like how his eyes could easily melt my heart?
I tried to walk away but my leg decided to betray me and I instead ended up wobbling and had to Lean on him to support myself.
My hands had caught his shoulder while to hold me,he ended up holding my waist.
We stared at each other.
His pupils seemed to dilate.
There was some magnetic proximity today I think.It could have been some seconds but it felt some longest minutes of my life.
The moment was too intimate for me.
And maybe something I will have for cherishing my fake marriage.
I decided to back out and I walked out of his hold.
He seemed surprised.
I managed to whisper,"Sorry." Before I walked out of the room and tried to hold my thoughts.
What the hell was wrong with me?
And why was he surprised?
I wobbled and tried to walk back properly before I heard him,"Saira?"
I was too caught up with my thoughts before I Said,"Yeah?"
I heard him shuffling and I saw him walk quickly towards me.
I waited for him to continue.
He rubbed his neck and asked,"Is everything alright with us?"
I don't know.
I still answered him,"Why would you ask me this question?"
He looked at me and said,"I don't know..I mean you hardly speak with me,with anyone? Is something wrong with you?"
I laughed humourlessly and said,"Wrong?With me?Nada.And please!It takes two to tango.I am tired of always initiating all conversation.Try to remember when you initiated any conversation?"
He narrowed his eyes and said,"I did today!"
I rolled my eyes and said,"Well,that is because I stayed silent for two months."
He looked at me fiercely and said,"I am sorry but I had already mentioned it is a contract marriage!I can't help it if you develop feelings!"
Is it bad that I felt like crying?
I think some traitor tears escaped me before I spoke,"Yeah right!I know okay?I know I shouldn't have developed feelings.I know this is a contract marriage,but what is my fault?I tried hard!This is not easy for me!"
I sniffed and continued,"Think about me.How embarrassing it is for me to live and face you after rejection?"
I heard him mutter,"I know that feeling."
I wanted to ask what but instead I kept quiet.I had spoken enough.
He ran his hand through his hair before he spoke,"You can pursue other relations."
Can I please slap this guy?
My feelings seemed hurt.
I just managed to speak,"Can you please respect my feelings and shut up?I think next gibberish idea from you and this splatter will be on your face."
He shook his head, and said,"What's wrong in this?This is after all a contract marriage?"

"You both have been kidding right?"
We both heard a deep voice.
My breath was caught.The voice??
Could it be him?
We turned to face the guy and I was shell shocked.
I sucked my breath.He still looked the same,and if anything he had matured more.
His boyish looks now were turned to manly looks and his gaze stopped at me before he stuttered,"Sair..Saira..Is that you?"
I nodded and before I knew,he came and hugged me.
I saw Nikhil narrowing his eyes and asking,"How do you know my best friend Advay?"
Well duh,he was my crush.
I obviously don't tell him that but instead I hear Advay say,"Because she is the girl whose eyes crinkled with joy and smiles."
And he winked.
Well,so I ended up blushing,Advay smiling and Nikhil glaring.