(49)

"A beautiful transition of relationship transcends from the courage one takes."

-Me lol.

Welcome back to the story :P

"I look like a goldfish???"
Nikhil shrugged.
God! I hate this guy!
Nikhil didn't even seemed guilty!
So what if I was wearing a goldfish costume?! He could say-
'Oh my god! My wife looks good at everything.'
'You still look hot!'
Blah blah.
Instead he says this.
Nikhil rolls his eyes and says," When I told you that you look fine you said I was not honest. What do you want me to do?"
I pout and instead try to focus at the animal party that Shyla has organised.
Nikhil is driving and murmurs some tune. He has unconsciously wrapped his hands around mine.
And I am not going to lie.
Suddenly I don't want to go to party.
I just want to sit next to him. Even if it means being in silence.
I smile at him and say,"You will come early today?"
Nikhil shakes his head and says,"The workload is too much."
I nod at him.
Nikhil gives me a smile and whispers in his low deep voice,"If it helps,you look an appetite for a shark like me."
His closeness makes my heart beat faster.
I blink slowly as he closes the gap between our lips.
Oh and I was late at the party.

***

Shyla smirked at me as I came inside.
There was no party. But she was dressed as turtle.
That meant it was a pajaama...err animal party only for both of us!
We were weird but that's okay.
We ran towards each other to hug but instead only bumped and we both fell down.
Shyla suddenly spoke,"This idea sounded cool in my head but I guess it's not."
I agreed,"True."
We tried to stand but instead fell back because of weight of the costume.
So we chose to simply lay.
Shyla said,"I think your brother is angry with me."
Oh he isn't.
He is just going to propose.
I hide my giddy smile and only say,"Hmm..I wonder why?"
Shyla sighs and says,"Boys are weird. But Men are weirder. I really love him but I wish he could tell me what's the matter."
I blink before saying,"Chill. Maybe he is worried."
That he will blurt out his secret.
He can't hide anything from her.
Shyla tries to wipe her tears but instead ends up hitting herself with the flap of her costume.
I drag myself near her and console,"Believe me,he is just worried about future."
Shyla sobs,"Why can't he talk with me? I really am a good listener."
I pat her with my fish fins.
And that's how our whole get together goes.

**********

I am finally back in normal clothes and say to Shyla,"Let's go and eat trash."
Shyla shakes her head. Poor girl cried a lot.
I drag her hand and say,"Come on.Men are trashy but food is flashy."
Shyla looks up before whispering,"That's the trashiest line you have ever used."
I laugh as I say,"I could say more. Do you want to hear?"
She shakes her head with smile before getting up.
I take out a beautiful red dress for her. She looks at me surprised.
I shrug,"What? I want you to look your best. "
She nods.
Damn! Her mood is really off.
As she goes to change,I message my brother.

S: You better make this worth. Her mood is really off. She didn't even protest when I offered her my choice of dress!!!
A: Shit.

Before my conversation can go on,Shyla comes and says,"Please do my makeup. I don't really feel like doing."
I nod and try to do whatever I can with my basic skills.
Shyla looks back and says,"Are we going for function? Why is this my makeup?"
I shrug as I say,"That's what my skills are at."
Shyla mutters,"I should have given her makeup class.."
I instantly hit her shoulder as she winces before muttering curses.
We sit in my car and I drive up to a restaurant which has beautiful view.
Shyla watches with awe as the scenic beauty captures our attention.
I say to her,"Can you go in? Meanwhile I will park my car."
She nods before she starts walking away while I message my brother,"she is in."

A: Wish me luck!

I stand and wait for few minutes before I get another message.

A: You can go back at house. You will be able to meet my fiance' tomorrow.

I am about to reply before I scream excitedly. She has accepted the proposal.

I instantly type back,"Congrats bro!! Tell bhabhi to give me details tomorrow :)) "

Author's note:

I am humbled by the patience you readers have kept. I would attach some applauding gifs if my device didn't have such low memory :(

My Past year has been what? I don't know. There is a sort of bliss when I write a beautiful code. And awful one finding the bugs -_- .

My grand plans have been ruined by COVID situation. It's been a tough time for everyone and I pray for everyone's safety and health. The online classes have been more difficult. The tiredness someone feels after  coming home and instead of resting, the whole sanitisation routine has become exhausting but only that's what we can do. Jokes on us who thought by end of year this will go away. News of second wave has terrified a lot of  us.

It was after so many days I finally opened up this app when I got to know it was hacked and to reset the password. After pretty long search for the password for email I used it to access, I finally opened it. I feel there may be lots of typos here and in the chapters but that's what I can give you right now.

Sorry for making you all wait so much and Thank you to all those who have sent great understanding my way!

Thank you for keeping this book alive  !💕 

I send you a warm greetings of new start and belated Diwali and other festivals!

~Tanya ❤️