lxxi. not such a big deal

CHAPTER LXXI
not such a big deal

CHAPTER LXXInot such a big deal

NEW YORK, USA — 2024

AFTER SWINGING FOR A WHILE, Peter had found himself landing on the side of his apartment building, sticking onto it as he held onto Noah.

Noah attempted to climb throughout the window which led to Peter's bedroom, Peter's hand placed against his back for some support.

After pushing the window open a little more, he finally got through. He let out a small grunt as his feet hit against the soft carpet, quick to step aside in order to let Peter through.

Peter effortlessly crawled through the window, too. He landed right beside Noah, the panic and worry he was hiding now hitting him.

"Oh my god, what do we do?" He stammered.

As he spoke, he pulled his mask off. He then began to take off his Spider-Man suit without a word, prancing around on his two feet as he tried to take it off as fast as he possibly could.

"Don't ask me that!" Noah snapped. "I'm panicking already!"

Peter grew as worried as Noah already was. He wasn't focusing at all. Instead, He groaned out of pure stress, continuing to take his suit off.

Noah saw how panicked Peter was. He placed his hands onto Peter's face, now cupping his cheeks. He slightly lowered his head, attempting to force Peter to look at him.

"Peter, Peter." He hushed. "Listen to-"

Then, all of a sudden, the bedroom door opened, only to reveal Happy standing on the other side.

Peter and Noah both glanced over, their eyes open wide and obvious embarrassment written upon their faces. Peter then dropped his suit, revealing that he was literally half-naked.

Happy looked complete traumatised. He immediately turned to look the other way, wiping a hand over his face out of regret.

"Oh my god!"

"I- This isn't what it looks like!" Peter stuttered.

May was also standing on the other side of the door. She glared over at Peter specifically, quick to reach over and slam the door shut.

But, she noticed that Noah was with Peter. She paused, no longer closing the door. She then approached Noah with a wide and bright smile upon her face.

"Oh, hey!" She greeted.

Noah glared between the three, completely confused by all of their emotions and mood-swings. He laughed awkwardly underneath his breath, his teeth slightly visible.

"Uhm, what?"

Peter then glanced over Happy in slight concern, pointing over at him and completely interrupting Noah and May as he spoke.

"Have you been crying?" He questioned Happy.

"Erm, we broke up."

"You guys were a thing?" Noah blurted out.

Before Happy could even respond, the sound of people loudly yelling Peter's name outside was heard.

Peter suspiciously glanced over at his window, immediately shooting a web and effortlessly pulling the blinds down.

"Yes, we were a thing." Happy stated with embarrassment.

Peter leaned down, grabbing a shirt from the ground. He then pulled it over his head effortlessly, not making the situation so awkward anymore.

"Oh, uh, I didn't know that you guys broke up." He spoke. "I thought you were in love, May."

"No,"

"You wanna talk about this?"

As Peter spoke, he kindly guided May out of his bedroom, looking at her with a concerned expression.

"Uhm, I should probably leave." Happy stated awkwardly.

Both Happy and Noah began to follow Peter and May to the living room, the two of them glaring at each other as Peter attempted to comfort May.

"I thought you guys were such a handsome couple!" Peter tried to compliment.

Noah almost bursted out with laughter, stopping himself as he pressed his lips together. He realised that now wasn't the perfect time to laugh about things.

"It's really about boundaries." May whispered. "Oh, let me answer the door."

Almost immediately, Peter knew that it was probably a stranger at the door. He turned May around, not wanting her to look at the door.

"No, let's just go in here!"

Entering the living room, Noah rushed to the front door. He saw a random stranger just standing there, giving them a salty grin as he slammed the door shut on their face, also locking it.

He then followed the three into the living room, quick to slide all of the curtains completely shut.

"Listen, don't worry about sex, Peter." May assured quietly. "All I ask for you to do is just be careful."

"No!" Peter yelped. "This isn't about me and Noah having sex!"

Noah didn't know whether to laugh or blush as he overheard the conversation. So, he just stayed completely silent.

Before Noah could close the last few windows, Peter shot up from the chair he was sat on. He rushed towards the remaining few windows, slamming the blinds completely shut.

"What's happening?" Happy asked with concern, seeing that Peter and Noah were acting strange.

"Will you guys get off your phones for like five minutes?" Peter yelped. "I just want to talk to you about your relationship, okay?"

As he spoke, he stood in front of May and Happy, who were sat on the couch. He then yanked their phones from them, the television loudly blaring away in the background.

Noah looked over, specifically staring at the television. He felt the urge to just throw up as he saw what was being displayed on the screen.

"Peter,"

"What?"

Peter paused, glancing over at Noah with concern. He shrugged his shoulders in confusion. But, he eventually noticed what Noah was looking at. So, he turned around to look, too.

Now, everybody was watching. The television was displaying the news, which was cameras pointing directly at Peter and May's apartment, helicopters and crowds of people surrounding the entire building.

"Is that-" Happy stammered. "Is that here?"

Peter let out a few grumbles in defeat. He then approached one of the windows, pulling the blinds open, his expression telling it all.

Noah, May and Happy also approached the now open window, only to see that there was indeed helicopters and people surrounding the building.

"I mean, maybe it's not such a big deal."