Chapter 21. Something That Maybe Can't Be Solved

*10 minutes later*

Lauren’s P.O.V

We were in front of Louis' house. I hope he is in there specially now. Liam joined Niall and I. We didn’t want to see Liam alone and sad. Niall and I are his friends, the only ones who are with him, so he needs us. I promised them I have one day to join the band together and when I make a promise, I accomplish it.

Louis could be in a bad mood after what happened today. We didn’t know if it was safe to go to his house, but I’ll deal with the consequences. Niall and I agreed if something bad happens, he’ll be there with Liam and protect me, because I’ll be going to Louis’ house by myself with Niall and Liam waiting on the car.

"Ok, are you sure you want to do this? Maybe you can’t make it." Liam said.

"I'm sure  I'm gonna make it, but please stay here so if anything could happene, you could safe me."

"Ok."

I went out of the car slowly and went in front of the door house.

I knocked it. "Hello is anyone there?" I said. "Louis are you here? I'm Lauren, please open the door, I need to talk to you." Then someone open the door but it wasn't Louis, it was his mom.

"Hi, sorry Lauren but Louis is not here."

"And do you know where is he? I really need to talk to him now.”

"No, he haven't been here like in 3 days. We already called the police to find him because he doesn't answer the phone." She said. She then started tearing up. I think I came in the wrong moment. Louis could be found anywhere.

"Ooo... Sorry I will try to find him, maybe he could be in Eleanor's house. It’s ok. Liam, Niall I will contact with you as soon as we find Louis.” I then hugged her as tight as she can. Maybe she’s thinking the worst and I know what does it feel to lose someone very close to you.

"Ok, thank you, Lauren. Thanks for being there for Louis and the boys. You’re part of the family now.”

“No problem. Bye” I gave her one last hug and move towards the car.

“So that was Louis’ mom?” Niall asked while I nodded. “What did she tell you?”

"Louis hasn’t been here like in 3 days and the police is already looking for him." I said a little bit worried.

"Don't worry Lauren, everything will be all right, Louis is fine. I'm sure." Liam said from the back of the car as I joined Niall on the front at the passenger’s seat.

"Really Liam?"

"Yeah really." 

"Ok, I trust you."

-------------------------

“We’re here. Do you want me to go with you, princess?” Niall asked while opening the car’s door.

“It’s ok. If Louis is with Eleanor, he wouldn’t do anything bad.” I replied

“Fine. Be careful.”

“I’ll be alright. Don’t worry.” Of course he’ll be worried. We heard Louis was about to punch Zayn after he confessed Louis he was about to hurt Eleanor. What if he react the way we didn’t want it to?

Niall’s P.O.V

Lauren just entered Louis’ house. She looked a bit worried, and I replied it’s better for her to stay in the car and I’ll go talk to Louis.

As she took a step to Louis’ house I could feel myself biting my nails. I usually do this when I’m nervous, but this time, I’m worried. I’m worried about Louis’ reaction. I’m worried about what might happen to Lauren. I’m even worried about what would happen to the band next.

Liam and I stayed in the car. Nervous. Not knowing what’s going on in there.

“I don’t know, Liam. I think I’d go and look if everything’s ok.” I was about to open the door when Liam stopped me.

“No! what if actually Lauren is doing the right thing and is about to convince Louis? I think we should wait for at least 10 more minutes.”

“Fine.”

*5 minutes later*

Five minutes have passed and we have no idea what’s going on. This is worse than the feeling you have when you’re doing an exam, way worse. I think I was getting bored. Liam was falling asleep, so did I.

“NO, LOUIS. NO!” I heard a voice saying. It wasn’t Lauren, it sounded like Eleanor.

“I CAN’T HANDLE THIS ANYMORE!” another voice answered. I guess it was Louis.

Liam and I glanced at each other in shocked at the moment. We then felt something hitting the floor. We may be inside the car, but the fall was so loud, we heard everything.

“LOUIS, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING? NO!” The same girly voice replied to the fall. No sign of Lauren.

“No, Liam. This can’t be happening. I’m going inside right now.” I opened the car’s door and headed immediately to Louis’ front door. It wasn’t necessary to ring it, someone opened the door.

“Niall! Do not come in here! Please, I beg you! I don’t wanna see you getting hurt!” it was Lauren. She had tears in her eyes and her lips were trembling. I couldn’t only see tears in her eyes, but pain. She was scared. Frighten. Afraid.

I hugged quickly and as tight as I could. She looked so scared. Her tears were racing on my chest, but I don’t care. She’s scared; I must stay by her side. I rubbed her back and then her hair as I kissed her in the head and forehead. I heard footsteps coming downstairs, but Lauren raised her head quickly and guided me to the car.

“Let’s go, Niall. Now. Please.” She replied grabbing me by my arm.

“Don’t worry, Lauren. I told you this wasn’t a good idea, but we must go now. You’re here with me and Liam. Everything’s ok.” I kissed her cheek that had a tear falling down and quickly went away from the house.

--------------------------

Lauren’s P.O.V

I swear, I haven’t experienced so much frighten until today. Details later.

There was one thing I was missing. Obviously Louis was very important for my idea to join back together the band, but things didn’t go the way I expected. I have to do something else. Something I had to do right now, and if I didn’t do it, everything will get worse. I took my phone and dialed.

Hello?”

“Gabby, I know you hate me and I’m sorry ok? How many times do I have to tell you? I don’t care if it takes me my lifetime, but we must solve this right now.”

What do you want? I don’t wanna talk with someone right now. I’m busy.”

“Don’t say you’re busy! Gabby, the band is breaking up and you only care about yourself? Think about their fans out there. Think about how they’d feel when Liam tweets or tell them something like ‘sorry, guys. The boys and I were having some differences lately. I’m sorry to say you’ll have to take away all your posters from your walls. The band has broke up’. Think about it!”

“Lauren, I—“

“I haven’t finished! Look, if you don’t wanna do it for me, do it for Mel. How would she be feeling up there? She obviously wouldn’t want us to argue. She’ll be devastated to know her favorite band, from the whole world, has broke up. Gabby, we’ve had our fights, but you must move on. You’re not spending your whole life regretting things. We’re friends. We are supposed to be together ‘til the end and that’s what I’m going to do. And if you don’t want to then---“

“I’m sorry! You’re right. Mel would hate us for this. But you also have to move on. I miss Mel too, but that doesn’t mean I must stop with my life for what she might be thinking. In general, you’re right. I can’t imagine their fans’ faces when they’ll announce their break up.”

“No if I have a plan…”

“Wait, what? You have a plan? Tell me!”

“I have it all prepared. I just need you and somebody else, but I swear, this is going to work.”