Chapter 27. Truth Should Be Spoken

PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END! enjoy the chapter! xx

Lauren’s P.O.V

As Mackenzie walks closer to Genesis, I didn’t feel anything else tan pity.

“Lauren,” Mackenzie asks, “why is this girl sat all straight on a chair, and why is she…smiling?”

“Nothing,” Genesis replies, “I’m just happy to know I finally did what I always wanted to do.” She then glared at Gabby and me, receiving a roll of eyes from both of us.

“I don’t understand”, Mackenzie says confused. You don’t have to.

“Oh, you will. Just look around you. Do you notice someone’s missing?” With nerves in her eyes, Mackenzie looked around herself. Her eyes grew wide when she says,

“Lauren, where’s Melanie?”

“Wait”, says Amanda, “she doesn’t know yet?” I glared at her, mouthing a small ‘shut up’. She whispered, “but she’s her cousin!”, but I guess it was loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

“What?! Lauren, I don’t understand. Where’s Melanie?! Where’s my cousin?!”

As Genesis chuckles, I couldn’t stand it anymore. I was about to slap her until blood comes out of her mouth, but Harry stopped me.

“Hey, “ he whispers, “this is exactly what she wants. Calm down and we’ll explain Mackenzie later.”

“Later?” Mackenzie says panicked, “No, Harry. I need answers now!”

If we were supposed to explain Mackenzie about Melanie, I must make sure the boy who used to love her is okay with that. I glared at him, but I saw nothing else than tears and quiet sobbing. He was staring at the ground, but something made him to swap away his tears and face the present. I nodded at him, mouthing a little ‘are you sure?’ He, with a fake smile, nodded; showing that he’s strong enough to explain everything.

“Mackenzie,” he says. She turns around and looked surprised at Louis’ face, all swollen and red from tears.

He then continues, “I’m Louis, as you can see. I-I’m the one you must be mad at. I-It’s all my fault. I was the one driving and didn’t caught sight of that stupid car, I—“

“Wait, ‘car’?” I was ready to face the truth. Louis actually never explained quite in detail how the accident happened. Neither of us knows.

I really admire Louis. He’s strong enough to face any situation. He may look destroyed and broken outside, but on the inside he’s strong as rock. I’m not saying he doesn’t feel anything. All the opposite. If when he sings, he sings with his heart and gets into the song, why wouldn’t he do the same when he falls in love? This boy loved Melanie more than other boy would love a girl. He even risked his relationship with Eleanor just to see more often Melanie. When we first arrived to London and Gabby and I were in the concert, Louis ended up driving to our house just to bring Melanie to us. Fun fact: they barely knew each other.

That’s what I find funny about love; how is it possible to love someone so much, when at least you know his name? I’ll leave the answer to you. Right now, all I want to do is run towards Niall, hug him, and never let him go.  I did it, but we intertwined our fingers first. He didn’t know Melanie that much, but he knows how my friendship with her was. Sincere, funny and weird. He also knows how much listening to how your friend died affects me. That’s when he grabbed my arms and put them around his neck, as I pulled him closer to me. As he embraces his strong arms around my waist, he kisses softly my cheek.