Chapter 28. Dream...

Chapter 28. Dream…

Louis’ P.O.V

The music kept sounding. Well, it wasn’t that loud. Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran was the one been played, and for the first time ever I’m witnessing a club with slow music and calm couples cuddling and hugging tightly instead of showing their asses to each other.

Tonight has been the only night I ever felt alone. Eleanor couldn’t afford it for tonight; she has some family issues which I know are extremely urgent. Right now, Mackenzie is the one giving me company. She reminds me of Melanie in a kind of way. Shut up, Louis. Get over her. Don’t be an idiot. Should I consider myself childish for not getting over her? Damn, I seriously need help. But, what a better way to get your mind off than in a club?! Scratching the part that there’s a slow song played so there’s no excuse of turning wild…crap.

“So…” Mackenzie says breaking up the silence. “Were you and Melanie really closed?”

“Um…I actually don’t wanna talk about her, for now”, I tried to sound as polite as possible, but talking about Melanie tonight, today, is the last thing I want to do. We found out her killer, who is dead as well. We found out why Genesis did that…and it’s all my fault. Melanie died because of me. Eleanor was about to die because of me. I’m not even in the mood of talking about girls…

“Sorry”, Mackenzie says. Alright, this is getting awkward. She keeps staring at the ground and I’m staring somewhere else rubbing my hair. Damn, my hands are sweating. I’m really, really nervous.

“Hey guys!” I hear someone yelling, followed by a few shut ups from a couple dancing with the rhythm of the song, “oh, shut up you!” she yells at them back.

“Lauren, ” I say, “what happened?”

“You gotta see this…” she says with such a smile on her face, from cheek to cheek. She grabbed mine and Mackenzie’s hands and dragged us to a couple who were also dancing. We hid behind a table, where we could see everything going on between those two.

“What the—“

“Shh…shut up, Mack”, Lauren says.

“Hey! I’m older than you, remember that!”

“Sorry”, she whispers, “look at them.” I looked at what she was staring at, and of course, there they were. Those pair of love birds dancing in the middle of the dance floor.

“Aren’t they cute?” Lauren says followed by a gasp of Mackenzie.

“I didn’t know Liam danced that well”, I say looking at Liam’s hands around Isabelle’s delicate body.

“And that’s not all…” she says taking out her phone from her small purse. “Check this out.”

And whoa, whoa, WHOA. That the hell am I looking at? My eyes grew wide, and so did Mackenzie’s, when we saw no one else than—

“Isabelle. Liam. Together?” Mackenzie says with that Rafiki’s tone of Lion King II.

“Yeeees! Yipee! Time to celebrate the happy couple! I’m planning on telling the DJ to—“

“Oh Lauren,” I say rubbing exaggeratedly her head causing to mess up her now straight hair, “you and your ideas…”

“But is a good one this time! I promise!”

“Obviously the DJ won’t that, Lauren. Think about that”, says Mackenzie.

“But if he already do me a favor, why couldn’t he do me another one?” she says with puppy eyes.