𝟶𝟸. 𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚐𝚊𝚣𝚎

SPARKS

02. piercing gaze

April 11th, 1912

April 11th, 1912

・゚・。;+;☆;+;。・゚・。;+;☆;+;。・゚

  THE SUN WAS BEAMING DOWN ON THE TITANIC as it set sail through the ocean on the second day of its voyage - nothing ahead of it but the ocean. Everything was peaceful as the ship traveled ahead, partaking in its mission to safely deliver passengers from all walks of life to America.

  As it turned out, Josephine had found that she was actually quite fond of the ship. It allowed her to get away from her family, even if it was for just a while. The never-ending breeze that flowed through her hair as the ship was in movement was enough to bring a relived smile to her face and it felt amazing; like taking a breath of fresh air after having one's lungs filled with water.

  The first night had been fairly uneventful. Josephine had still been getting used to the fact that she was leaving her home, most likely to never see it again. She had spent the entirety of diner sitting in silence and staring down at her plate. The brown-eyed girl had initially attempted to chat with Rose for a few moments during the meal, but it was clear to her that her dear cousin was feeling just as trapped as she was.

  Apart from the most unlikeable and, in Josephine's humble opinion - boring - group that decorated the first-class areas, a woman had stepped aboard from the port of Cherbourg that had brought a sense of warmness with her.

  Mrs.DeWitt Bukater had informed Josephine and Rose that the woman's name was Molly Brown, and Josephine could feel the disgust radiating from Ruth as she told the girls that the woman was what people called "new money." 

  The other passengers, including Josephine, simply called the woman Molly. But what they were unaware of was that history would call her 'The Unsinkable Molly Brown.' Everyone secretly looked at her as if she was a vulgar woman, undeserving of the riches that her husband had stumbled upon. 

  Josephine thought the woman was absolutely wonderful.

  Sounds of chatter could be heard from around her as Josephine was seated as her chair in the Palm Court Restaurant; where she was regrettably, eating lunch with Rose, Ruth, Cal, Molly Brown, Mr.Ismay, and the ship's main engineer, Mr.Andrews.

  It had been a hassle to get Josephine out of bed that morning, as she would have much preferred to sleep in and ignore the looming reality of soon arriving in New York. But nonetheless, Samantha had urged the girl out of bed and tightened her corset for her - albeit as delicately as she could have possibly.