𝟶𝟺. 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞

SPARKS

04. I've got you

April 12th, 1912

April 12th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  "DON'T DO IT" the voice spoke carefully.

  Josephine turned her head towards the voice speaking to her, her hands nearly losing their grip from the fright that she had taken. When she did turn, she saw concerned blue eyes staring back at her, which only made her shake more.

  She felt pathetic. Here she was, crying and in the middle of throwing herself off the back of a ship and the one person that found her just happened to be the young man that she had been making eye contact with during the past couple of days.

  "Go away!" she found it in herself to speak.

  "Come on, take my hand," he offered, his steps coming closer to her "I'll pull you back in."

  "No!" Josephine cried "can't you see that I don't want to go back? I'm going to let go."

  The blue-eyed man narrowed his eyes as he saw her tear-stained cheeks that were reflecting against the light from the ship's light. He attentively lifted up his hand to show Josephine the cigarette in it and approached her to throw it into the ocean.

  "No, you won't," he told her as he stuffed his hands into his pockets.

  "Excuse me?" Josephine scoffed, her mind partially distracted by his eyes "you don't know me and you most definitely don't know why I'm doing this. Don't presume to tell me what I will and will not do."

  "I'm just saying, you would have done it already," he shrugged, trying to seem collected under the heavy concern that he could feel overcoming his body.

  "You're distracting me," she spoke quietly, her eyes squinting as she tried to get a good look at him through her tears.

  "Well, that was my intention," he smiled lightly before reaching his hand out once more "just take my hand."

  "Just go away," Josephine begged, much too stubborn to admit that maybe he was right.

  The man stayed still for a few moments before he sighed and brought his hand back to his side. Josephine watched carefully as he looked down for a moment before seemingly making up his mind.