𝟷𝟽. 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜

SPARKS

17. to the stars

April 14th, 1912

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  "ALL DONE," Jack spoke up as he set his pencil down and gazed up from the drawing.

  Nodding her head, Josephine stood up and quickly covered herself up with her robe once more before she walked over to his drawing. Her breath hitched in her throat when she saw it; everything she had dreamed of when she suggested doing this.

  She was finally looking at herself through Jack's eyes, and although Josephine had never been a very vain person, she quietly admitted to herself that she looked quite good. He had signed and dated the drawing for her before closing it up and handing it over.

  "Thank you," she whispered lovingly. As she took the drawing from his hands, her lips pressed to his in a quick kiss before she reluctantly pulled away.

  Josephine walked over the where she had left the case of the necklace and she removed it from her neck before handing it over to Jack. "Can you put this back in the safe for me? It's already open."

  "Sure," Jack nodded before he took the case from her hands and placed it inside the safe. His eyes widened slightly as he glanced at all the money within the safe before he shut it and walked back over to Josephine.

  "I'll be right back," she informed him as she walked to her room "make yourself comfortable."

  As she entered her room, a bright grin finally tugged at the corners of her lips. Her hands opened the drawing once more and she glanced at it with a joyful expression. She ran her fingers through the details and blushed as she allowed the fact that she had really done this to set in. 

  After that, Josephine placed the drawing atop her pillow before walking over to her drawers and trying to find something that she could wear. Her eyes ran over all the intricate dresses that she would usually use, and her head shook in dismissal of them all.

  What seemed like hours - but were actually mere seconds later, Josephine stumbled across a simple light blue dress with a bit of white and a darker blue sash around the waist. It was definitely something that she would usually refrain from using in public, but she adored the dress as it was much more comfortable than anything else she owned. 

  Nodding her head decisively, Josephine placed the dress over her head, not even bothering to put on a corset for what felt like the first time in years. She smoothed out her hair but left it down, not in the mood for any intricate hairdos.