𝟷𝟹. 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗

SPARKS

13. we're women

April 14th, 1912

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  THE SUN HAD RISEN over the horizon as a new day commenced. In her room, Josephine had stretched herself out of bed, her eyes squinted as they accustomed to the light. Those same eyes quickly widened when she remembered what had happened the last night. The dinner, dancing, the stars -

  The kiss.

  Or maybe kisses; to be more accurate.

  She could not believe how absolutely irresponsible her actions had been. Her mind decided that she had been too carried away with all the prior occurrences of the evening and it had made her temporarily insane. 

  Because although they were good kisses - actually, good did not even begin to cut it; they were amazing, they were still wrong. The ship would dock and they would part ways, so what was the use of making everything harder. 

  It may have just been dramatics, but now Josephine was sure that there was no way she would ever be fully content without Jack. Not if she never got to fully submerge herself in the feeling of being with him - in a way that was free of guilt or regrets.

  Although, it wasn't that she regretted the kisses in themselves. She just regretted the fact that they would never happen again - they couldn't, not if she was to have any chance of moving on. Maybe if she had been born into a different family, or if Ruth and Rose's financial situation was better, possibly if she was already eighteen and could collect her family's money already. 

  "Miss?" Samantha called out as she entered Josephine's room "your cousin and Mr. Hockley requested your presence in their promenade deck for breakfast."

  "Must I?" Josephine whined.

  "Yes, miss," Samantha nodded curtly, "Mr. Hockley said it was prudent."

  Josephine nodded her head in confusion before she rolled herself out of bed, brushed her hair, and placed a robe over her nightgown. She wondered what could possibly be so important that she had to encounter Cal early in the morning. It wasn't as though they were friends - in fact, they hardly talked.

  When she arrived at the promenade deck, Josephine was met with Rose and Cal, who were both sitting quietly at a small breakfast table. There was a spare seat, and assuming it was for her, Josephine sat down and waited for something to be said.