𝟷𝟸. 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚝

SPARKS

12. where we met

April 13th, 1912

April 13th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  "GO TO HIM," Rose repeated seriously "say your goodbyes the right way."

  Josephine hesitated for a moment, her chest moving up and down with the beat of her uneasy heart. She thought of all Rose had said, and as much as Josephine did not want to admit it out loud, the girl was right. If she didn't go now, she might regret it for the rest of her life.

  "Alright," Josephine whispered out in conviction "cover for me."

  "It's not like I'm going anywhere, Jo," Rose pointed out with a small smile.

  "Right - sorry," Josephine grimaced as she opened the door to the cabin "and thank you!" she yelled out before shutting the door and walking away.

  Her hands were clutched into two fists at the sides of her torso as she walked nervously along the ship. Josephine was only glad that there was no one else in sight, it gave her a small sense of control. That way, she would not have to worry about anyone ratting her out.

  It was only when Josephine had reached the boat deck, the cold air hitting her full-on, did she realize that she had absolutely no idea where Jack was. This whole plan was starting to fall apart before it had even started, and she blamed Rose for emplacing romantic sensibilities into her already befuddled mind.

  "Alright," she mumbled to herself as she strolled the deck "if you were looking for a quiet place to clear your head - where would you go?"

  The thought struck her almost instantly, making Josephine grin proudly at herself. She immediately picked up the pace of her walking, the heeled shoes that were still on her feet clicking obnoxiously against the wooden deck.

  "Screw this," Josephine whispered to herself as she leaned down and picked up her shoes off her feet, holding them securely in her hands.

  As she headed towards where she prayed Jack would be, she wondered what she would say. Would she hug him and thank him once more? Maybe he would be angry at her for wasting his time - but no, Jack wasn't like that. She knew that.

  Stray pieces of her hair were falling onto her face as the wind forced them out of her hairdo, but as Josephine ran through the deck, she could not care less. All she wanted to do was find Jack.