𝟸𝟸. 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚓𝚞𝚖𝚙, 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚖𝚙

SPARKS

22. you jump, I jump

 you jump, I jump

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  CHAOS HAD BEGUN TO REIGN as the passengers that were still aboard the ship tried desperately to find a way to safety. All around, wives were crying as they said goodbye to their husbands, children as they said goodbye to their fathers and the officers were trying all they could to keep order.

  A few people had allowed desperation to wash over them, and they jumped down from the ship and into the water - a grave mistake that would cost them their lives. Gunshots could be heard from a faraway part of the ship, overpowering the sound of human cries for a brief instant.

  Those lucky enough to get onto a lifeboat were rowing away from the danger, but their eyes could not leave the spectacle before them. The mighty Titanic, sank quicker than anyone could ever expect, its lights illuminating the vast ocean as stars twinkled from the sky. It was overwhelming.

  As people ran past, Josephine walked up the stairs and onto the top deck, soon followed by Jack and his two friends. The four looked around desperately, hoping that they would find a lifeboat that could be safely boarded. But none were around.

  "The boats are gone!" Josephine cried out as she looked around.

  Jack turned to look at her with downcast eyes. Inside his head, he was trying to find a solution to all of their problems, but the screams around him were clouding his judgment, and he had to remind himself that he needed to keep her safe in order to not allow the panic to settle in.

  Josephine's hand slipped from his as she spotted Colonel Gracie walking along the deck, two women on his arm. She walked over to the man, noticing how one of the women was trying to cover up her tears, but the fear was evident in her eyes.

  "Colonel, are there any boats here?" she asked the man quickly.

  "Not here, Miss," he shook his head "but there are some on the far end - I can lead you."

  "That won't be necessary," Josephine shook her head as she made her way back to Jack "may god be with you, sir."

  The Colonel nodded his head at her with a small smile before Josephine grabbed Jack's hand and they began running, followed by Fabrizio and Tommy. As they ran, Josephine's shoulder accidentally pushed past a few people that were wandering around in a haze, but she had no time to apologize.