𝟷𝟿. 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝

SPARKS

19. where it falls apart

 where it falls apart

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  "HALF ARE GOING TO DIE - if not more" Josephine whispered, her head reeling as she tried to make sense of things. She felt Jack's hand slip into her own and he gave her a small squeeze, which she quickly returned with an even tighter grip. But even that was not enough to ease her mind.

  "You won't be one of them," Jack told her calmly, as he could tell she was starting to become overwhelmed once more "if it comes down to it - I won't let you die."

  "I've told you, Jack," Josephine mumbled, "you can't save me."

  Jack turned quiet at her words, and he simply rubbed small circles on the bottom of her hand with his thumb in desperate attempts to ease her troubles. He knew that trying to reason with her at that moment was not going to work, so instead, he tried to affirm himself that maybe everything was under control and their lives weren't in grave danger.

  "I have to tell Rose and Samantha," Josephine told him after a bit of silence.

  "Let's go then," Jack tugged on her hand.

  "Are you insane?" she whisper-shouted "after the stunt we pulled, they would kill you if you stepped in there."

  "Well, I'm certainly not letting you go by yourself," Jack shrugged "you can just save me if something happens," he added with a small smile before tugging on her hand once more and leading her towards her room.

  As they walked, Josephine tried to observe the crew of the ship, some looked frightened, and others just looked confused. But she was certain of one thing - this was not going to end well. Although she had tried to believe the entire 'unsinkable ship' propaganda, she had never been able to put her full trust into it.

  And by the sheer size of that iceberg, Josephine could not help but think that Titanic might never see daylight once more. Everything she had been dreaming of was slipping from her grasp, and she held onto Jack's hand a bit tighter at the thought.

  "Hello, Miss," Lovejoy spoke as they reached Rose's suite, his voice awfully nice for someone who had been shown the middle finger an hour before "we've been looking for you."

  What the pair did not realize, was that as they walked towards the entrance of the suite, the valet slipped his hand into the pocket of Jack's large coat and placed The Heart of The Ocean within it.

  "Just keep quiet," Josephine whispered to Jack "let me do the talking."

  He nodded his head to her and they both stepped into the room to see that Cal, Rose, and Ruth were all standing in the room with careful eyes. Josephine could feel that something was off, and her brows furrowed when she saw that the Master at Arms was standing inside the room, another officer beside him.