𝟶𝟼. 𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎

SPARKS

06. at ease

April 13th, 1912

April 13th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  "WHY CAN'T I BE LIKE YOU JACK?"

  "What do you mean?" he asked with an amused smile.

  "You just head off into the horizon whenever you feel like it - there's nothing holding you back," Josephine explained as they strolled through the deck.

  "What's holding you back?" Jack furrowed his brows.

  "I don't think my crowd would approve of me riding into the sunset without a care in the world," Josephine shrugged.

  Jack turned to look at her, taking notice of how the light of the setting sun reflected on her face, giving her a warm glow that he could not help but bask at.

  "It's always been my dream to just leave these people and become something extraordinary," Josephine grinned "like a singer or something of the sort."

  "A singer?"

  "Well, yes." Josephine nodded "I could do it, you know. I've had singing lessons ever since I was a young girl."

  "And where would you perform?" Jack inquired, his hands clutching the drawings that they had been previously looking at.

  "Anywhere!" Josephine spoke with a smile "I would just head to different places and work my way from place to place - just like you."

  "You wouldn't last a day. There's hardly any caviar," Jack joked.

  "I happen to hate caviar," Josephine grumbled "and I despise people telling me what I can and cannot do - I thought we had gone over this when we first met."

  "Right," Jack nodded seriously "sorry."

  "My dreams are my own," Josephine told him "and it's no one else's business. I don't need support, and I most definitely do not require any opinions."

  Jack watched her closely as she spoke, his eyes running over her cheeks and noticing how pink they had turned from anger. The more he talked to this girl, the more he realized that she was different from what he expected. He couldn't help but wish that he could offer her the freedom she so desperately craved.