𝟶𝟻. 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎

SPARKS

05. you see people

Apri; 13th, 1912

Apri; 13th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  JOSEPHINE HAD BEEN TOSSING AND TURNING ALL NIGHT, as much as her body had tried willing her to sleep, her mind was not having it. Her hands had clutched the sheets and her eyes had been closed all throughout the night. But the reality of what had happened earlier was not letting her be. 

  She replayed the memories from hours past in her head. All of them. From dinner to her room and then her stepping onto the railing. She saw it all over again. And every time she came close to sleep, Josephine could feel the wind whipping through her hair as she screamed and held onto Jack's hand as tightly as possible. There was no way she would be alive if it weren't for him.

  That is precisely why, the very next morning when Josephine got out of bed, she had the clear intentions of going after Jack and formally thanking him. She realized that she could simply thank him at dinner, but she much preferred to do it without anyone listening in.

  "If you truly believe that you must thank him, I suggest you do so," Samantha advised as she pinned up Josephine's hair.

  "He saved my life, Samantha," Josephine spoke slowly.

  "Then we should all thank him, miss," the woman smiled "you still have so much life inside of you, and if that boy kept it safe, then he deserves all the thanks he can get."

  Josephine winced slightly at Samantha's choice of words. No one except for Jack and herself knew about the real reason she had been out on that railing the night before, and Josephine intended to keep it that way. The last thing she needed was for everyone to treat her like she was made of glass. Or worse, like she was already broken.

  She kept silent as Samantha finished up her elaborate hairdo, her mind focused on figuring out what she would say to Jack once she sought him out. And by the time Samantha was finished, Josephine was more than ready to find and thank him.

  She walked through the deck of the ship, searching the walls for any indication that she was heading in the correct direction. Josephine saw a sign which read "NOTICE - third-class passengers are not allowed beyond this point" as she opened a small gate and shut it behind her before facing forwards.

  For a moment, she stood still and took in the feeling of the sun hitting her skin. It was an odd feeling because it seemed as if it was the first time in years that Josephine was actually fully absorbing the feeling of having sunlight stream to her body.