𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

SPARKS

epilogue

one year later

one year later

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  LIGHT STREAMED IN THROUGH THE OPEN WINDOW as the morning sun rose over the horizon. Everything seemed calm and peaceful during the early hours of Sunday morning and the peace could not be disturbed by anything.

  One resident of the newly proclaimed Dawson household was already up and about as she tried to organize all the new furniture. Her now short brown hair was pinned away from her face, and her eyes ran around the entire house in search of the box she was looking for.

  "Pictures, pictures - where are you?" she mumbled to herself as she walked around.

  Her teeth sunk into her bottom lip and her hands were placed atop her waist as she raked her head in search of which box she needed. Everything was still a slight mess around the house, as the entire moving-in process had only recently started.

  Josephine's bare feet traveled along the wooden floorboard of the house, her eyes running through every single box as she searched for what she needed. Most of the things inside the boxes were cheap collectibles that had been earned or bought over the past year, and others were antiques and paintings that had been brought in from her parent's old house.

  A bright smile come onto her face as she finally came across what she had been looking for, and she breathed out a tiny sigh of relief. Her hands pushed through the other boxes and she grabbed the one she needed. She sat down on the floor before her hands began to eagerly open up the box, excitement coarsen through her.

  She pulled out a tattered-looking picture frame first, and her heart seemed to feel lighter as she stared at the image. Josephine still remembered that day as if it had happened recently - after traveling through the United States and making money with small tasks, Jack and Josephine finally made their way to Santa Monica.

  The photo was simple, with Josephine mounted atop a horse, right on the shore of the pier, and Jack standing beside her, his lips curved into a boyish smirk as he told her how to 'ride like a man'. 

  Another picture frame was pulled out by her, and this one made her laugh. They had gone to a fair that took place in a small town she could not bring herself to remember, and Jack had invited her to try one of the burgers on sale - he had spent the last bit of money he had made that week to buy it for her; and once she ate it, he had been so proud that he asked a man nearby with a camera to take a photo of her eating the burger. It wasn't the most flattering picture, but it sure was fun.