𝟸𝟷. 𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎

SPARKS

21. our chance to live

 our chance to live

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

"THIS SUCKS!" Josephine complained as she and Jack walked through the empty halls together.

It was safe to say that she was not the least bit entertained. Her dress was clinging to her body, she was cold, her skin was pale - oh yes, and not to mention that she was beginning to think that she was about to die on a sinking ship.

"Honestly- unsinkable my ass!" she scoffed, her eyes darting past all the halls in search of someone.

Jack turned to her for a brief moment, his hand holding onto hers as they ran through the halls. Although the situation was not at all appropriate, he found himself chuckling in amusement at her complaints. The cold water had made her voice thicker, thus accentuating her accent, and hearing her complain in British English was certainly lifting his mood.

"Not to mention the fact that this place is a goddamn maze!" she added, "would it kill them to add more signs to these halls?"

"Josie - it's not like I don't enjoy your constant complaining, because I find it very amusing," Jack spoke up "but I need a little help here."

"Do I look like Mr. Andrews to you Jack?" Josephine asked in annoyance "I don't know if you've noticed, but we are completely lost."

"Are you sure you didn't see any more stairs when you first came down here?" he asked her.

"Yes, I'm sure," she replied thickly "just the one that is now flooded."

"That doesn't really help," Jack mumbled to himself.

Josephine turned quiet at his words, and she could tell that they were both growing increasingly upset at the situation. She had found herself feeling many emotions in the past few days; anxiety, passion, quite a lot of sadness, and anger. But after what felt like ages, Josephine was annoyed.

And not just at the fact that they were lost. No, she was annoyed at everything. The iceberg, the lack of lifeboats, the freezing water, the sinking ship - not to mention the fact that she felt as though she was turning into a popsicle from how cold she was.

Just as she was about to tug on Jack's hand and give up - let the water take her and be done with it, Josephine heard voices. She dropped Jack's hand and began looking around in search of anyone, and when no one was found, she figured that the voices were coming from the walls.