𝟷𝟶. 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚔

SPARKS

10. below deck

April 13th, 1912

April 13th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

PEOPLE DANCED AS MUSIC RANG OUT through the third-class party. All around, smiles could be seen as everyone gave in to the overwhelming energy of the room and enjoyed themselves to the best of their abilities.

Josephine could only smile and clap her hands to the beat of the current song that the passenger-made band was playing. From the moment that Jack had led her into the party, she felt nothing but joy emanating from her bones.

The contrast from the first-class dining and lounging rooms was overwhelming. It was as if she had stepped into an entirely different world. But then again, she sort of had.

Nothing was the same, the people were warmer and no one was afraid of judgment; whereas where Josephine was from, she had learned to walk on eggshells around her people, for one careless move could cost her and her family their reputations.

"You enjoying yourself?" an Irish voice asked from her right, urging Josephine to turn her head.

When she did, she was met with the kind smile of who she remembered to be one of Jack's friends. Her eyes ran over his familiar round face and curly brown hair. She recalled that he had been there during her little staring session with Jack the day before they had met, as well as earlier in the day when she had sought Jack out to thank him.

"More than I have in a while," Josephine answered, her words coming out in a yell to rival the loud music.

"It's very different from your part of the ship, eh?" the man asked with a smirk.

"Oh yes," she nodded with a laugh, "I think that if my aunt stepped one foot in here - she would faint from pure shock."

"Best we keep her at bay then," the man grinned before he shoot his hand up to her "I'm Tommy Ryan by the way - but just Tommy will do."

"Pleased to meet you," she grinned back, her hand shaking his "my name is Josephine."

"No last name?" he asked curiously.

"Oh! It's Josephine Bukater Lauder," she answered sheepishly.

"Damn," he laughed softly "just Josephine it is then."

She laughed at his words and nodded her head, recalling how Jack had shown a similar reaction to her name when they first met. Speaking of Jack, her eyes searched for him amongst the crowd at the dance platform and she grinned when she found him.

He was dancing playfully with a young girl, who looked no older than seven years old. They were both laughing giddily as he spun her around to the beat of the music. It warmed her heart to see the sight before her, and if she could, she would have spent hours staring at the adorable scene.