𝟷𝟻. 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚞𝚙 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚎𝚜

SPARKS

15. it's up she goes

 it's up she goes

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  JOSEPHINE HURRIED TO HER ROOM after the complete tour of the ship had finished. She had been invited to afternoon tea with Rose, Ruth, and a few more ladies, but with the excuse of a headache, she refused and parted from her family.

  She still could not wrap her head around everything that had happened with Jack. His words had almost convinced her to run away from all her worries with him and just leave them to drift away with the wind.

  But as much as she wanted to, she could not get the conversation with Ruth out of her mind. The woman had made it clear that she wanted her daughter to marry that arrogant man, and if Josephine were to get in the way of that, she was sure that she would lose the last bit of family she had.

  It wasn't as if she was completely fond of Ruth - quite the opposite actually, Josephine despised the woman. But she adored Rose; ever since she was a child, she remembered the excitement she would feel when her cousin would come to visit. And if she gave everything up to be with Jack, who's to say if she would ever see Rose again.

  Her eyes looked downcast to the floor as she contemplated everything. From the moment she had boarded this ship, her life had certainly become much more interesting. And although she had laughed and enjoyed a great deal of her time - it also came with a price. And Josephine had been feeling the full weight of that the entire day.

   Shaking her head slightly, Josephine closed her eyes and tried to remember her life. It had been an endless parade of narrow-minded people, with narrow-minded conversations. And to say that had gotten to her was an understatement - seeing as, if it weren't for Jack, she would be in the middle of the ocean by now.

  "Miss Josephine?" Samantha spoke as she entered the room with furrowed brows "what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out enjoying the sunset?"

  "Is it sunset already?" Josephine asked quietly "I hadn't even noticed."

  "Are you feeling alright?" Samantha asked in worry.

  "Truth be told - no, I'm not," Josephine sighed before she patted the empty space in the bed beside her.

  Samantha nodded her head in understanding and sat down next to the young girl, her warm eyes holding concern as she saw how downcast Josephine was.

  "I can see you've been melancholy," Samantha spoke up.

  "It's just my parents," Josephine tried to brush it off.

  "Forgive me for saying, but this has been going on long before your parents passed on," Samantha interrupted "you haven't been happy in a long time."