𝟷𝟷. 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜

SPARKS

11. shooting stars

April 13th, 1912

April 13th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  MINUTES BLENDED INTO HOURS as Josephine enjoyed herself at the third-class party. She had long admired to herself that it was the most fun she had most likely had in her entire life. Although she did not yet feel completely free, during the time in which she had danced with Jack, Josephine had gotten very close.

  Unfortunately, all good things will come to an end, one way or another. Late into the hours of the night, things were starting to cool down at the steerage party as more and more people retired to their cabins.

  "Jack," Josephine whispered to him, her hand touching his shoulder.

  At the mention of his name, Jack lifted his head from the poker game that he was in the middle of playing with his friends. His hand dropped the cards onto the table, front-side facing down, and he gave his undivided attention to the girl sitting beside him.

  "It's getting late," she informed him, already standing up from her seat "I should probably head back - Rose is probably wondering where I am and-"

  "That's alright," he interrupted her rant, standing up himself and taking the suit jacket that had long been discarded back onto his hands "I'll walk you."

  "You don't have to," Josephine shook her head, a small smile gracing her features "really, you're in the middle of a game and I know that they always say to never walk away when you have a winning hand or something like that."

  "It's fine, Josie," Jack laughed "really."

  She stared up at him for a few moments before nodding her head slowly and turning to face Fabrizio, Helga, and Tommy, who were all looking at her exchange with Jack carefully.

  "It's been a pleasure meeting you all," she grinned "honestly this has been the best night of my life."

  "Goodnight bella, Josephina," Fabrizio grinned back, and Josephine watched with an amused look as the dark-haired man turned to Jack and winked at him lightly.

  "You hear that Jack?" she turned to the boy "I'm bella."

  Jack laughed at her giddiness from being called the nickname, and when she wasn't looking, he turned to Fabrizio and gave the man a dirty look - clearly due to the not-so-subtle wink that he had shot him.

  "Goodnight, Josephine," Tommy waved his hand at her lightly before taking a drag of his cigarette and turning back to his cards.

  After all the goodnights had been said, Josephine sauntered off towards the staircase that would lead her up into the first-class deck. She could hear Jack trailing behind her, and the sound of his footsteps brought her small comfort.