𝟷𝟼. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚎

SPARKS

16. the artists muse

 the artists muse

April 14th, 1912

·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚·。;+;☆;+;。·゚

  THE SUN HAD SET over the horizon and Jack and Josephine both headed away from the front of the ship, their hands intertwined together. Both of them could not keep the smiles off of their faces as they walked together along the deck.

  The soft breeze that had been replaced by a colder wind blew through the deck of the Titanic, making Josephine rub her arms with her hands from the cold. She kept stealing glances at Jack, only to smile when she saw that he was grinning to himself as well.

  "Jack," she spoke up, her hand grabbing his and leading him inside the first-class area "I want to show you something."

  "Where?" he asked her as his brows furrowed in confusion by the fact she was leading him to what he figured was her room.

  "My room," she shrugged, a small laugh escaping her lips as she saw his face "are you blushing, Jack?"

  Jack turned his head away from hers, a grin tugging at the corner of his lips from the smug tone in her voice. They continued walking until they reached the door of her suite, to which Josephine opened it for the both of them before shutting it behind her.

  "Is the light in here alright?" she asked him lowly.

  "Um, sure-" Jack answered in hesitation, not understanding the question.

  "Well, you're an artist aren't you?" Josephine smiled as she walked towards Cal's safe "don't artists need good light?"

  "Well, that is true, but I am not used to working in such horrible conditions," Jack imitated a French accent as he inspected the fireplace for dust, making Josephine laugh.

  She was lucky that she remembered the combination of the safe, as she quickly opened it with no trouble whatsoever and took out the case which contained the necklace. Her heart was beating loudly as she walked towards Jack, practicing what she was about to ask him in her mind.

  But Josephine was sure of what she wanted, she wanted this to be a night that she would never forget. For it was the night that she had finally broken free from her family and found someone that actually cared and listened to what she had to say. And now she wished to do something that no one in her class would approve of - just to seal the deal on her little rebellion.