Meeting... Them

You scribbled the address William had told you over the phone on a scrap piece of paper. He told you to make it there as soon as possible. You scrambled back to your room and laid out some clothes before jumping into the shower.

As fast as humanly possible, you made sure your body was clean and brushed through your hair. You hummed a little to yourself, putting on the clothes you'd thrown on your bed.

You looked in your mirror, doing a little spin to make sure you looked okay. You let out a sigh of relief. You didn't look atrocious, and that's what mattered.

You grabbed your car keys off of your dresser. Maybe having your own car would impress the Afton. You weren't sure, but you hoped that it would work in your favor. You closed your bedroom door behind you and began stepping down the stairs.

"Oh, Y/N! I'm so proud of youuu!" Your mother pulled you into a tight hug. You hugged her back.

"I'll be back soon, 'kay? I don't think they'll keep me for too long. I'm just supposed to meet the kids." You pressed a quick kiss to her cheek before running out the door.

You climbed into your car and headed toward your destination.

Surprisingly, the Afton's weren't too far from you. Only a few miles, really.

Nerves started to consume you as you stared at the house in front of you. Slowly, you stepped out of your car and approached the door. You took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

You heard a clamor of voices before the door opened. Standing in front of you was a tall, lanky man. His brown hair was slightly disheveled, and his skin was a sickly pale color. You wondered if he was sick or if he looked like this naturally.

"Ah. You must be Y/N, correct?" You recognized that accent from the phone call earlier. Your back straightened slightly.

"Yes! That's me..." You gave him a smile. "You're William?"

He nodded, opening the door for you. "Come in, darling."

You walked inside. You were surprised at how... plain everything looked. Maybe it was the accent, but you were expecting something fancier. Before you had too long to think you heard footsteps rushing towards you, and suddenly a small body crashed into yours.

"Oh daddy! They look wonderful!" It was a little girl with strawberry blonde hair. You were a little surprised that she also had an accent. She shot you the biggest grin and pulled away from the hug. "I'm Elizabeth!"

You knelt down and gently ruffled her hair. "It's nice to meet you, Elizabeth. I'm Y/N."

"The other two are probably in their rooms." William's voice came from behind you. "I'll go get them. Make yourself at home."

You nodded. Elizabeth dragged you over to the couch that sat in the middle of the living room. And immediately began talking your ear off.

"Oh, I'm so glad you're our babysitter, Y/N! You seem like so much fun! I can't wait to play with you. Do you like dolls? I have plenty of dolls! Or we can play with makeup, or..."

You smiled as she went on, not entirely listening as footsteps came closer. William was nowhere to be seen, but a boy stood in front of you now, clutching a golden bear close to his chest. He looked like he had been crying.

"Hello there, kiddo..." You offered him a smile and a little wave. "I'm your babysitter. Y/N."

He nodded quietly, looking down to the floor.

"That's Evan!" Elizabeth jumped off the couch and wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

"He's my younger brother! He's kind of shy at first though. Don't worry, he'll warm up to you soon enough!" She giggled and pulled him onto the couch beside her. You scooted over a little, making sure they each had plenty of space.

"Evan, huh? That's a cute bear you have."

"Yeah..." His voice was soft. "It's, um... Fredbear."

"Fredbear." You noted. "Very cute."

Before an awkward silence could fall over the three of you, two pairs of footsteps shuffled into the living room. You turned around to see a boy that looked to be your age with his arms crossed, standing next to William.

"Ah, I see Elizabeth and Evan have already gotten well acquainted with you, Y/N." William gestured to them. "Well. This is the third child you'll be watching over."

The boy's gaze finally came up from the floor. He glared at you, and you nearly hid behind one of his siblings. Why was he so damn scary looking?

William nudged him to introduce himself. The kid huffed in response.

"What's the point in telling you my name, huh? You're just gonna treat me like some dumb kid. Fuck off."

You watched as William's smile thinned. The looks on both of their faces pained you, and you really wanted to leave.

"Um. Anyway... my name is Y/N." You mustered, hoping you didn't sound as terrified as you were. "And I still like to know the names of the kids I'm looking after. Dumb or not."

You hadn't really meant to say the last part, it just sort of... came out. The boy's glare didn't waver.

"Michael." You blinked.

"Huh?"

"My name, babysitter. It's Michael."

William pat Michael on the shoulder.

"He can be a bit rough around the edges at times. No need to worry." Another round of glares were exchanged between the two before William excused himself for the time being.

Elizabeth and Evan hadn't paid any mind. You guessed this kind of behavior was normal to them. Michael waited until his dad left before he marched over to you.

"Listen, Y/N or whatever. Let's get one thing clear: I don't need a babysitter. They do." He jabbed his thumb in the direction of his siblings. "So don't plan on bossing me around like some bitch."

You were really starting to get annoyed with his attitude. "Would you cut it out? I haven't hardly said anything to you and you keep jumping to all these wild conclusions. Are you scared of people making fun of you for having a babysitter? Is that it?"

He scowled. "I'm eighteen! I don't need some dumb babysitter, okay? Certainly not one like you."

"Like me?" You scoffed. "I can see why your dad wants you to have a babysitter now. You have terrible manners."

You watched as he visibly grit his teeth, probably biting back some smart remark. He turned his back to you and marched off. Back to his room, you presumed. Moody teenagers, huh?

The Afton household went back into a smooth silence. Evan and Elizabeth were partaking in hushed conversation just a foot away from you, but you didn't dare get involved. Instead you thought about Michael. He was eighteen, only a year younger than you. And you had to admit... He didn't look too bad either.

His silky brown hair, the freckles dotting his nicely tanned skin... the black tank top he wore that accentuated his body very nicely... You snapped out of it. He called you a bitch. That was decidedly not attractive.

Before long, William returned and told you to head back home. You'd be starting your time as a babysitter tomorrow.