A Nightmare and a Daydream

The two of you sat atop the car roof, Michael telling you about his mother as you listened intently. He seemed to really look up to her as he shared fond memories. He didn't tell you what happened to her, and you didn't want to ask. He was happy, and you didn't want to spoil the moment.

10:00 came sooner than you expected. The lights in the small building were now off, only a single light post in the parking lot illuminating the dark. You turned to the side, watching as Henry and William left the building, walking towards Henry's vehicle. The two paused near the trunk, leaning against it and talking with one another.

A few moments later, Gregory emerged with the bag from before slung over his shoulder. He looked around the parking lot confused for a moment, before his eyes fell onto your car. He ran towards you, not paying any mind as his bosses watched him curiously. As he approached, you and Michael slid off the roof as sneakily as possible.

"You came back," Gregory noted, a smile on his face. "I thought for a minute that you just wanted to get my hopes up."

You ruffled his hair. "I wouldn't leave you behind, Gregory. Let's go home."

He pulled you into a quick hug before almost immediately letting you go and climbing into your car. You stood in place for a minute, surprised by the sudden action.

"Are you getting in?" Michael called out to you from the other side of the car. You snapped back to reality and nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going."

You climbed in and drove back to the Afton's house. You followed the same routine as the previous night, giving Michael a quick kiss before he went inside and you drove home.

You and Gregory didn't talk. The car ride was painfully quiet and felt longer than usual. After what felt like eons, you pulled into your own driveway. Gregory hopped out of the car, and you led the way inside.

Just as before, your mom was nowhere in sight. Gregory wasted no time as he walked over to the couch, setting his bag on the floor in front of him. He climbed on, curling into himself a little as he closed his eyes.

You sighed, grabbing a blanket for him. Gently, you laid it across his body to keep him warm.

"Thank you." He said, looking up at you. "Sorry I didn't talk much and–"

"Shh." You ran a hand through his hair. "It's okay. I don't mind, really. I just want you to be comfortable."

He smiled and nodded. You smiled back before going back up to your room. You made sure your alarm was set for 6:00 am and drifted off into a comfortable sleep.

You woke up to small taps on your shoulder. Turning, you saw Gregory clutching the blanket from before tightly in his grasp. Glancing at the clock, you took note of the time: it was three in the morning.

"Gregory, what are you doing up? It's too early...."

He shook his head in response, and you heard a quiet sniffle. You rubbed your eyes and got a better look at him. His eyes were watering, and dried tears stained his cheeks. He rubbed his nose with the back of a free hand.

"Sorry. It's just... um. Nightmare." He struggled to speak, and you realized he was choking back more tears. You quickly stood, pulling him into a hug. You placed one hand on his back, the other on the back of his head as you pushed him into your chest.

"Shh, shh." You did your best to calm him down. "It's okay. It's all going to be okay."

You felt his arms gently wrap around you. You could feel his body shaking slightly as more sniffles came from below you.

He calmed down after a few minutes. He pulled away from you, looking up to you.

"Thanks, Y/N... sorry I bothered you." He dried his eyes with his hands. He turned to walk out of your room, but you stopped him.

"Gregory, c'mon. Would it make you feel better if you stayed in here?" You gestured around your room.

He gave you a confused look. "What? But this is your room, I wouldn't want to intrude...."

"It's not intruding if I invite you in," You told him. "Here."

You led him to your bed. You pulled off a pillow and a stray blanket and threw them on the floor for yourself and gestured for Gregory to get on the bed.

He reluctantly climbed up, pulling his blanket over himself. You laid down on the makeshift bed on the floor. It wasn't nearly as comfortable as your bed, but knowing that Gregory would have a nice place to sleep comforted you enough to fall asleep.

6:00 am came too fast. You and Gregory both woke up with a groan. You stood, slamming a fist down onto the small alarm clock. Gregory sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked groggily.

"Six," You answered, stretching.

He sighed. "Why are you waking up at six in the morning?"

"So I can get us both to work on time." You rolled your eyes.

"I don't even work today," He mumbled.

"Well you could've told me that sooner."

"I forgot."

You threw your pillow at his head playfully. He fell back, pretending to be in pain.

"How could you?" He feigned hurt.

You giggled, pulling him out of bed. "Alright alright, enough play. You need to shower. I'll take you with me today."

He groaned a little, though he trudged off to the bathroom. As he showered, you picked out your clothes for the day.

Finishing your morning routine with another person took a lot longer than you expected. The two of you left with a quick wave to your mom. You arrived at the Afton household around 7:50. As you pulled into the driveway, you watched as William exited his house and climbed into his vehicle, giving you a wave.

You and Gregory walked to the house as William drove off. Opening the door, you were greeted with the sight of Michael on the couch. He wore a familiar pair of gray sweatpants and lacked a shirt. His legs were spread slightly as he leaned back into the couch, one hand running through his hair and the other resting on his leg.

You felt your face heat at the sight, and you nearly dropped the bag in your hands. Gregory cleared his throat from behind you.

Michael snapped his head over to the two of you, embarrassment immediately taking over. "Gregory? What... um, what are you doing here?" He stumbled terribly over his words.

"Y/N invited me since I don't work today... but I can go home, if you want some privacy or-"

"Gregory!" You cut him off, face still red. "Come on, knock it off!"

He just smirked at you before shrugging his shoulders. "I'm just pointing out the obvious tension." He walked off towards the kitchen.

--

Quick A/N: Hello everyone! <3 It's very good to be back, hopefully this was worth the wait my loves!!