Arcade Games

The two of you didn't stay like that for very long. Michael eventually wiggled free of your grasp, face still red as he claimed it was time to show you around. You giggled a little at the sight: flustered Michael was precious.

He led the way to the stage, where you could see the two animatronics performing up close. "As you already know, these are the animatronic characters that are the face of the diner. Fredbear and Springbonnie."

You noticed a sour expression on his face. "You don't like them very much do you?"

He shook his head. "Hell no."

"Why not? They seem pretty cool to me," You glanced back over to the bunny and bear duo.

"They're dangerous." His mood shifted from playful to serious. "They're filled with these things called springlocks or whatever, and if they fail due to moisture or something they can kill someone."

"Oh." Your voice went quiet. You'd never seen Michael acting so serious, and to be honest it was starting to scare you a little. He seemed to notice your discomfort as he lightly took your hand in his.

"Ah, sorry, um. It's just, I put Evan way too close to Fredbear and that's what..." His voice stopped and he hung his head for a moment.

With your free hand, you gently reached out and patted the top of his head. "Mike, it's okay. Remember what I said? He's okay and that's what's important. I'll be sure I keep my distance from those things."

He nodded, though he didn't seem too comforted as he looked back up at you. Tears threatened to fall from his beautiful blue eyes. You mindlessly drug him to another section of the diner, murmuring soft words of assurance.

Now before you stood a door with the word Emily engraved into it. You stared at it, confused. Who the hell was Emily? You'd never heard of her.

"Ah," Michael's mood seemed to improve as he lightly brushed his arm across his eyes. "Um, this is Henry's office."

You raised an eyebrow. "But Henry's name is... well, Henry. Who is Emily?"

Michael's eyes widened for a moment before he burst out laughing. "Y/N- I- oh my god."

"What?" You felt your cheeks turn red from embarrassment, though you were glad that he was smiling again.

"Henry's full name is Henry Emily. Emily isn't a separate person." He managed to tell you after his laughing fit calmed down. He gestured to another door on the other side of the hallway. "See, that one says Afton, because it's my father's last name. It's how they decided to label their offices."

"Oh," You said quietly. Michael knocked on the door and was quickly greeted with a 'come in!'

The two of you entered Henry's office. It was littered with robotic parts here and there, a worktable off to one side, a bulletin board filled with blueprints, and a large desk towards the back with a blocky computer in the center.

The desk was organized neatly, you noticed. There was a cup filled with pencils and pens off to one side of the computer, the only other things on the desk being a few picture frames that you couldn't see from where you stood.

"Ah! If it isn't Michael and Y/N! How wonderful to see the two of you again." He chuckled, standing up from his nice office chair. "What brings you to my office?"

You and Michael shared a glance, smiling at one another. "Well, I'm giving Y/N a tour. They've never been to the diner before, so I thought I'd show them everything that I can."

"Well! You've come to the right place!" Henry placed his hands on his hips, his stature dripping with pride. "In here you get a nice behind-the-scenes of Fredbear's Family Diner! Just look!"

He gestured to the blueprints, where you saw ideas for four new animatronics: a newer bear and bunny design, a chicken, and a fox. You were reminded of Michael's friends and their masks.

"If you peek into William's office there's other blueprints as well. He wants to open a sister location someday featuring a different set of animatronics." Henry mused. "Ah- but, I should really be getting back to work, you two. Have fun, but not too much fun!" He winked as the two of you left the room.

"I'd take you to my dad's office, but it's probably locked," Michael said, closing the door behind him. "So how about I show you that arcade instead?"

You grinned. "I would love to see it."

He gently took your hand in his, intertwining your fingers. You blushed before reminding yourself once again that this was strictly a hang out, not a date. Michael was just being nice, there's nothing weird about that.

After a few turns you were in a small room filled to the brim with different arcade machines. You saw Frogger, Donkey Kong, Balloon World, Pac-Man, Princess Quest, the list could go on. Practically every game you'd ever heard of was stuffed into this tiny little room.

Michael turned to you with a sly grin. "I bet you can't beat my highscore," He said, gesturing to one of the machines. You returned his grin, a mix of confidence and competitiveness washing over your body.

"Oh, you're on."

As it turns out, Michael held the record for a reason. He was really good. Stupidly good, one might say. Despite trying for nearly two hours you couldn't beat his score.

"Give up yet?" He turned to you, a victorious grin spreading across his lips.

"Fine," You groaned, admitting defeat. "You win. But I'm going to blame it on the fact that your dad owns this place so you probably get a lot of practice."

He laughed, leaning against the machine. "Yeah, you may be right with that one. Before we had a babysitter, father just had us three kids roam around here until it was time to go home. Other kids were jealous of us, since they thought it was so cool, but we were just tired."

"You had to stay in this tiny building all day?" You leaned on a machine directly across from him.

He nodded. "Yeah, well, it's not like it was always terrible. You get to meet a lot of people that way."

"You like meeting new people?" You teased. "I never would've guessed from the way you acted when we met."

His face turned red. "I thought I apologized for that already," He muttered. "Your situation was... different."

You laughed. "I know, I know."

--

Quick A/N: Sorry that there wasn't any new chapters the last two days </3 I've been trying to upload 1/day but schoolwork was kicking my butt. Though this is out now, so you've been fed for today my children!! Eat up <3