Day 1: 8:00 AM

William had told you to be at the house at 8 in the morning. As much as you hated the mornings, you knew the job would be pretty easy and the pay was enough for you to forgive him. You awoke to your annoying alarm going off at 7 sharp. You sighed, pulling yourself out of bed and into the shower.

It didn't take too long for you to finish basking in the warm water and change into your clothes. By the time you reached the bottom of the stairs it was only 7:20. You decided against breakfast, since making something would probably take too much time. You could always eat at the Afton's house, anyway.

Instead, you sat down and watched as your mom slipped on her jacket, preparing to go to work. "Look at you!" She cooed. "Up all bright and early!"

"Not by choice," You reminded her. "Apparently kids don't know the art of sleeping in."

She laughed and pulled you into a side-hug. "Oh, I'm so proud of you, kiddo! I know you're gonna do great!"

You smiled. "Yeah. Well, Evan and Elizabeth seem well-behaved enough. It's Michael I'm worried about, if I'm being honest."

"The one that's your age? Sweetie, I'm sure he'll come around."

"I doubt it." You mumbled. "He seems pretty dead-set on hating my guts."

To your surprise, your mom laughed. "You know what they say about teenage boys who are mean?"

You raised a brow, confused by her question. "Um. No?"

"Y/N! It means they like you!" She teased. "He probably saw how adorable you were and couldn't handle it!"

Your face burned with embarrassment. "Mom!" You whined.

Before you could protest further, she skipped off out the door without another word. With a heavy sigh, you checked the time. 7:35. It only took about 10 minutes to get to the Afton's house. You kicked your legs back and forth as you waited for the time to pass.

You arrived 10 minutes early. Waiting was taking too long, and besides, being early is a good thing! You knocked on the door, once again greeted by the presence of William Afton. He offered you a tired smile before opening the door. He had a finger pressed to his lips, and you nodded in response.

"The kids are still asleep," William whispered. "Don't worry about waking them up, they'll do it on their own eventually."

You nodded, though you couldn't help but feel slightly annoyed. Why did you have to be here so damn early if the kids were still asleep anyway!?

"The diner stays open from 8 am to 10 pm. You won't have to be here the entire time, though. Make sure they get back to bed by 8:30 and you're free to go home. We wouldn't want you out too late." He told you. You couldn't imagine being a single parent who owned a business. It seemed tiring, but you assumed William was handling it alright for the most part.

He gave you one last nod before he walked out the door. You sat down on the couch and listened as the car left the driveway.

You looked around, trying to get used to your new surroundings. The living room was a decent size. The couch sat in the middle of the room, the floor in front of it littered with different toys. A small television sat on a stand in the center of the room, though it was off at the moment. In the corner was a small table with a simple lamp sitting on top of it. A picture frame caught your eye.

You walked over to it, gently holding it between your fingers. You could tell it was old. You recognized four of the figures: William, Michael, Elizabeth, and Evan. Next to William stood a beautiful woman. Her hair was strawberry blonde, just like Elizabeth's. You guessed it was their mother. Now that you thought about it, she looked a lot like her daughter. They shared the same emerald green eyes and sweet smile. Evan was just a baby in the photo, held tightly in the woman's arms. His small gray eyes sparkled, and it was the first time you had ever seen a happy expression on his face.

You almost didn't hear the footsteps coming behind you. In a slight panic, you set the frame back down on the table.

"Great. It's your first day and you're already putting your nose in our business."

You didn't have to look to know who that sarcastic voice belonged to. You did your best to bite your tongue as you turned around to face him.

"Good morning, Michael. Sleep well?" You tried to make your voice sound as pleasant as possible.

It was then you realized what he was wearing. Gray sweatpants hugged his waist nicely, and his lack of a shirt showed off the muscles that you hadn't expected to be there.

It was impossible to fight off the blush that crept onto your face. And oh god, you were staring, weren't you?

Michael noticed. Deep down, part of him enjoyed the expression on your face. The thought that he could fluster you and render you speechless just because he wasn't wearing a shirt made him proud. He pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind, though.

"God damn, babysitter. Are you going to keep staring all day or are you actually going to do your job?" He hissed out at you.

Right, of course. As good looking as Michael may be, he was still an asshole. A look of irritation crossed your face.

"Do you need something at the moment?"

He gestured to the kitchen. "Breakfast would be nice, y'know."

You raised an eyebrow at his request. "I need to make you breakfast now?"

"Is that not what you're here for?" He scowled.

Part of you wanted to just give in to his demands so he would shut up and go back to his room. But the other part of you was just too petty to let him get away that easily.

You feigned innocence. "I thought I was here to babysit, right? You told me yesterday I was babysitting Elizabeth and Evan. Not you." You pretended to look around the living room. "From what I can tell, they're still asleep. So I guess I don't have anyone to babysit."

His face seemed to turn red in anger, which pleased you. The brat deserved to be brought down a notch.

"Tch. Whatever."

You watched as he stomped into the kitchen.