Night 6

By the time you pulled up to your house it was 8:17, and you started to brainstorm a lie to tell your mom about why you wouldn't be home tomorrow. It wasn't that you were embarrassed about hanging out with Michael, it's just that you didn't want to admit that your mom was right about the two of you getting along eventually. Plus, if she knew the two of you were spending time alone together, you'd never hear the end of it.

As soon as you walked in the door you were pulled into a hug. "My little Y/N finished their first week already! I'm so proud of you," your mom cooed.

You wrapped your arms around her in return. "Yeah yeah, it's not that big of a deal," you giggled. "Besides, the exciting part is when I finally get paid. But that isn't until Monday."

"Oh, honey," She pulled away and lightly patted the top of your head. "We both know that you're enjoying your job for more than just the paycheck. You talk about those kids all the time!"

"I do not." You felt heat rise to your cheeks. Did you really talk about the Aftons that much?

"Do too. Anywho, what are you going to do with your first day off, hm? I was thinking of taking you out to lunch or something nice, since we haven't really gone anywhere in a while."

"Oh, um, can we do something on Sunday instead?" You shifted on your feet nervously.

She raised a brow at you in response. "Of course dear, but why?"

"I'm uh... I'm hanging out with some friends tomorrow," You lied.

"Oh how lovely," She smiled. "Where are you going?"

You rolled your wrist a little, trying to think. "Well, uhm, we're just gonna drive around for a bit, y'know, learn where stuff is, get a bite to eat, maybe go shopping or something..."

"Sounds like a big day. You should get some rest."

You nodded and went upstairs, dropping your bag next to your dresser. Plopping down onto your bed, you stared at your dresser in thought. What were you supposed to wear? Was this technically a... date? Certainly not... after all, you and Michael were just friends. If he wanted to go on a date, he would've asked you to go on a date. This was strictly a hang out at his dad's shitty diner.

You decided that you would just deal with it when you woke up tomorrow. You reset your alarm to wake you up at 10, so you would have an ample amount of time to get ready.

Despite how excited you were, you fell asleep in no time.

The familiar sound of a blaring alarm clock woke you. With a groan, you got up and showered. Once you were done, you wrapped a towel around you and brushed your hair, thinking about what you wanted to wear. It took a little while, but you finally decided on something casual. You got dressed, hoping it wasn't too much or too little.

You checked the time. 11:30 already? Where had the time gone? You grabbed your bag and keys, heading downstairs.

"You look nice," You heard your mom call out. "Have fun today kiddo!"

You waved a quick goodbye and skipped out the door. Climbing once again back into your car, you set off to the Afton's house. You pulled into the driveway just after 11:40, hoping you weren't too early.

It felt like the first day all over again. You took a deep breath and walked up to the door and knocked. The door opened to reveal Michael. You took a moment to admire his appearance.

He wore a black leather jacket, covering an old and faded band t-shirt. He wore jeans and black boots. Your eyes trailed back to his face, and you smiled at the familiar blue eyes and freckles on his face. His hair was slicked back into a neat mullet, and you noticed a small earring in one of his ears. You reached out and ran a thumb over it.

"How long have you had this?" You didn't notice the way he tensed up at your touch. "I never noticed it before."

"One of my friends pierced my ear for me a few years back," He answered, lightly grabbing your wrist and pulling it away. "I don't always wear earrings, but I thought it would be... um, nice."

"It's cute," You blurted without really thinking, making yourself blush. Michael's face went pink at the comment, but he didn't say anything.

You cleared your throat, no longer making eye contact. "Let's get going, I'm starving."

He nodded, walking with you to your car. You let him pick the music, settling on a station that was playing Queen. You could get used to his music taste. He assured you that the diner was only a few minutes away, and gave you the directions. Before you knew it, you parked in front of a cute little building.

There was a big sign off to the side of the building advertising the place as Fredbear's Family Diner. Above the name stood two animals, a golden bear with a purple bowtie and a purple tophat, and a golden bunny holding a guitar. You knew the bear was Fredbear (obviously) thanks to Evan's plush, but you didn't recognize the bunny. Something about it seemed off-putting, but that was probably just your imagination going wild.

You were too busy looking around to realize that Michael had already gotten out of the car until you heard your door open. "Y/N, I know I may have scared you with the idea of terrible pizza, but you've got to get out of the car." He teased.

"I'm not scared of a little pizza," You laughed, getting out of your vehicle. He closed the door behind you and led the way inside.

It was a lot bigger on the inside. There were rows of tables littered with colorful party hats and plastic plates. There was a stage towards the back of the room, where the two characters from the sign stood. The bear held a microphone and was robotically singing some tunes. Kids ran around, shouting and pushing one another. It was quite a lively place.

"What do you think?" He spread his arms, as if presenting the diner to you.

You stifled a laugh at the goofy grin on his face. "It's not as bad as I thought," you admitted. "The idea of robot animals performing while eating bad pizza made me think it was going to be awful. But it's kind of sweet."

He reached out and took your hand in his. "I'm glad you think so. Let's go get something to eat."