Teenagers

"Oh, er- hey, guys." Michael's face was red, though he tried to play it off cool. "What are you doing here?"

"We could ask you the same thing, dude!" The one in the chicken mask spoke up. His skin was ever so slightly tanned, and you could make out little lines from where a tank-top likely sat when he was out in the sun. He had choppy blond hair and yellowish eyes. He wrapped an arm around Michael's neck, and you caught sight of a bright blue dolphin tattoo on his forearm. "You haven't been here since... well, you know."

"Thanks for reminding me, Jeremy." He muttered. You took a mental note of the name.

The boy in the bunny mask laughed and ruffled his hair. "So, little Mikey's finally on a date, huh?"

His skin was much darker than Jeremy's. He had pretty caramel-colored eyes and brown hair, and a faint trace of facial hair on his chin. You noted a patch of freckles dotting across his face. He wore a green jacket over what looked like a Fredbear shirt. Michael groaned at all of the attention.

"Guys, please. Y/N is just... just a friend of mine, alright? They've never been to the diner so I thought it would be fun to show them around. It's nothing huge."

"Sooo, they're single," The one in the bear mask said with a smirk. His hair was short and blond, which complimented his blue eyes nicely. He pulled up a chair, flipping it around so that his arms rested on the back as he sat down. He winked at you. "'Sup, Y/N? I'm Ben."

"Erm, hi?" You managed. These guys were Michael's friends? They seemed so... odd. Though you had to admit that you didn't really mind, even if the bear-mask-guy was still smirking at you.

The one in the bunny mask slapped the back of his head. "Back off man, geez! You just met them." He looked up at you, giving you a gentle smile. "I'm Parker, by the way."

"Nice to meet you," You said, offering the three a small smile. "I haven't met any of Michael's other friends before, so this is kind of nice."

"Yes, well." Michael stood, grabbing the bear-mask kid by the back of the shirt with one hand and wrapping an arm around Jeremy's shoulder in the other. "I think it's time the three of you head out. Knowing you, you're all up to no good anyway."

You raised a brow. "Mike, they just got here, you don't have to kick them out, you know."

"See? Your date's got a point!" Jeremy grinned, prying himself free from Michael's grasp. "They actually appreciate us, unlike you, ya jerk."

He rolled his eyes. "I do appreciate you idiots. You just bother me. A lot."

"Oh come on, Michael, let them stay for a bit." You weren't sure why you wanted to defend these random boys that you just met, but you figured it could turn into something fun if you played your cards right.

Parker lightly patted Michael's back. "Calm down, tiger. We mean well, really!"

He sighed, finally dropping Ben back into his chair with a soft thud. The other two boys grabbed chairs and pulled up to your table.

"So, Y/N, are you new around here? I don't remember seeing you before." Jeremy asked.

You smiled. "Yeah! I just recently moved here with my mom."

"So if you're new here then how did you meet Michael?" It was Parker's turn to ask a question, apparently.

You and Michael stared at each other for a moment. If he wanted to lie, you would happily go along with it. After all, you didn't really want to embarrass him in front of his friends that you just met. He sighed.

"You remember Evan's birthday?" He started. "Well, after the... incident, father decided that the three of us needed a babysitter. So, that's where Y/N came in."

Ben's eyes seemed to sparkle for a moment. "So you got a smokin' hot babysitter as punishment? Dude! That sounds like the start of a–"

Thankfully, Parker cut him off with another slap to the back of the head. You turned red at the comment, but did your best to ignore it. "Sorry about him," Parker did his best to give you a smile, but it was thinly hiding his annoyance.

"So, Mike," Jeremy piped up. "Have you told them about how cool you are?"

His face heated up at the comment, though you had no idea what they were talking about. Was this about how he could play the guitar? Or how he wrote music? Maybe it was about how he was a decent chef, or how he beat up children who bullied his siblings....

"Jeremy, do me a favor and shut up."

"Well now I'm curious." You leaned forward, resting your head on your hand as you smirked at him. "How cool are you, Michael? Please, do tell."

"Y/N, stop, please." This was the most flustered you had ever seen him, so of course you were intrigued. "It's really not that interesting. Please, just don't worry about it-"

"If it's not all that interesting then there's really no harm in telling them," Ben mused. "Unless you're hiding things about you from your little date."

He leaned back and groaned. "Guys, shut up. I'm begging you."

"Oh, come on," Parker joined in now. "It's not all that bad. It's all funny! I'm sure they'd like to know."

Letting out a defeated sigh, Michael slumped down in his seat. "Fine."

And so, for about an hour or so, the five of you sat around the table, telling stories about highschool. You learned a lot about the four, mostly that they were the "bad boys" in highschool, though they just seemed like regular teens to you. It was probably just some act they put up to try and seem cool.

They explained the significance of the masks, and you learned that Michael had one of his own stashed somewhere in his room of a fox. The thought made you smile a little to yourself.

After a little more talking, the three finally excused themselves, claiming they had to go do some "very important thing." They were terrible at excuses, but it made you giggle. You picked up all of the plastic plates at your table and walked them over to the garbage can.

When you came back to the table, Michael sat staring blankly at a wall. You took a seat next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "I'm sorry if we embarrassed you," you whispered softly.

He turned to you, face red. "O-Oh, um! It's fine. Don't worry about it, really. That's just how they are. I hope they didn't scare you too much with how they can be."

You laughed, pulling his head onto your shoulder and allowing him to lean against you. "Not at all. It's nice to learn more about you, Michael."

--

Quick Intermission!

Parker and Jeremy's designs DO NOT belong to me!! 

Parker belongs to @ pomegranateparade on tiktok / @ pomegranate.parade on instagram!! 

Jeremy belongs to the team of @blueycapsules on twitter!!

CHECK THEM OUT!! 

Ben/Bear Mask kid is a character of my own design, so dw about him !!