Lean On Me

The two of you stayed like that for a while, Michael playing little songs and you humming along. You weren't sure when it happened, but somehow your head ended up on his shoulder while he played. He didn't seem to mind, though.

It only stopped when you heard a small knock on the door. Michael set the guitar down in his lap. "Come on in," he called.

The door opened to reveal Evan and Elizabeth, both still dressed in their pajamas. Evan clung to his Fredbear plush while Elizabeth rubbed her eyes sleepily.

"The guitar didn't wake you guys up, did it?" Michael asked, a look of guilt crossing his features.

"No... We just woke up," Evan said.

"And Y/N wasn't in the living room like normal so we came to find them!" Elizabeth's energy seemed to return to her all at once, making you smile.

"Well, I'm here." You smiled and held out your arms to the kids. Their eyes glimmered for a moment before suddenly charging at you. Before you knew it, you were engulfed in the sweetest hug you've ever received.

"Jeez guys, what am I? Chopped liver?" Michael feigned hurt, though his words caused the siblings to release you from their death grip and latch onto him instead. He laughed, rubbing their backs. The sight was truly adorable. You wished you had a camera so you could freeze this moment of pure bliss and have it forever, but you figured the memory would be cherishable enough to never forget it.

"Do you guys want to listen too?" Michael gestured to the guitar. The two nodded excitedly.

"It's been so long since you last played for us!" Elizabeth squealed with excitement. She sat down on one of your legs, and Evan sat on the other. You giggled, wrapping an arm around each of them.

Michael flashed them a smile, then began to strum. This time, you recognized the song right away. A small smile played on your lips as he began to play one of the best songs of all time: Lean on Me by Bill Withers.

You hummed along before quietly singing the lyrics. "Sometimes in our lives," you started, leaning into Michael, "we all have pain, we all have sorrow."

He turned to you, a stupid grin on his face as he continued, "But if we are wise, we know that there's always tomorrow."

"Lean on me," The two of you sang at the same time. Evan and Elizabeth swayed a little in your lap. "When you're not strong, and I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on."

"For it won't be long," Elizabeth joined in now.

"Till I'm gonna need somebody to lean on." Evan finally joined in, finishing the chorus.

The four of you giggled out the rest of the lyrics. When the song finished, Evan and Elizabeth begged Michael to play more songs for them. You spent hours with the three of them, before you finally got them to shower and get dressed.

The rest of the day was calm and quiet. The moment from the morning played in your mind over and over again, and you knew it would be something you'd never forget. You only hoped that it meant as much to the Afton kids as it did to you.

There were only 2 days left of your first work week, but it felt like you'd been there forever.

And hell, before you knew it, it was 8:00 pm on Friday, and you were about to head home for the weekend. You grabbed your bag and headed for the door. You felt a hand on your wrist.

"Hey! Y/N, uhm, wait a sec." You turned to see that it was Michael who grabbed your hand.

"What's up?" You tilted your head slightly to the side. Even though you were getting closer to Michael, it still surprised you everytime he made contact with you.

He pulled his hand away, and you realized he was fidgeting. Why was he so nervous? He cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "Um, I was wondering if you were doing anything tomorrow?"

You raised a brow. What was he getting at? "Well, I don't have any plans, if that's what you're asking. I did want to sleep in though..."

"T-That's fine! I was just, uh, wondering if you'd like to hang out or something..." He started rubbing the back of his neck with one hand, the other hand stuffed into his jean pocket. Maybe it was just the light, but it looked like he was blushing.

"You want to hang out?" You looked around the room awkwardly. "You know we hang out every day, right? I practically live at your house."

He nodded and started to turn away. "Y-Yeah! You're right. Sorry. That was dumb. Anyways, good night-"

"Hold on now," You said, grabbing his wrist just as he'd done to you before. "I didn't say no. I'm just curious as to why you'd ask, that's all."

He stared at you for a moment before finally answering. "Well, ah, whenever we hang out it's always with Ev and Lizzie. I thought maybe we could hang out, y'know, just the two of us..."

You smiled a little at the thought. "Okay, sure. What did you have in mind?"

"Well," He started, seeming to relax a little, "you haven't been to my father's diner yet, so I thought maybe I could treat you to a little pizza and a show."

"Is the pizza any good?"

Michael made a face. "It's terrible, but that's what makes it so special, I like to think."

You laughed. "Okay, so you want to drag me out of my house on my day off to take me to get gross pizza?" You teased.

"How does noon sound, hm?" A small grin formed on his lips as he spoke.

"I'll be here."

--

Quick A/N here: hi hi everyone!! tysm for all the love and support, you're wonderful <33 sorry there wasn't an update yesterday and i apologize this one is coming out kinda late, but i got busy with some school stuff haha... anyway!! if you want to interact w/ me more or be friends or smthn you can follow me on twitter !! @ samunhinged