Chapter 5

"Na-yeon. That's enough. I saw it. Su-hyeok really did hit him." I said as I pulled Na-yeon's arm, hoping that she would stop talking.

I saw Gyeong-su give me a thanking smile, making me nod at him. But after seeing my interaction with Gyeong-su, Na-yeon didn't stop there.

"I-sak got a nosebleed just before she turned. On-jo. You saw it, right? That's the same thing that happened to I-sak." Na-yeon said. Making me sigh in disbelief as I let go of her arm, walking towards On-jo and giving a comforting rub on her back. She really had to go there?

"I'm telling you! I swear I wasn't bit!" Gyeong-su said. "Look! Your hand. Explain that. What is it?" Na-yeon said.

"It's not a bite. It's a scratch. Whoever wants to check, come look." Cheong-san said. The boys looked at Gyeong-su's hand. I didn't need to. I trust my friends. Maybe this trust will kill me one day, who knows?

I started to space out, thinking of how I might die because of my trust to my friends. But that won't happen, right? My friends won't let me die? Because I'm willing to risk my life for them. They would do the same, right? I went back to the breakfast with my family.

The feeling. What would've happened if I stayed at home? If I told Hyun-jin to just stay at home today? To come with eomma and appa to Seoul? We wouldn't be here. We would be safe. But I know that I would rather be here, to be with my friends, to fight for my friends, rather than sleep all day in Seoul. Stupid right? But what can I do? I love my friends.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Na-Yeon shout. "It really did. That thing grabbed his hand." She's not going to stop anytime soon huh? Has she always been like this?

The discussion ended with Gyeong-su isolating himself for a full hour. Returned to standing next to Nam-ra. She held my hand, making me look at her.

"Has she really been always like this?" I asked in a whisper. She nodded at me before reaching her other hand out to my head, making me rest it on her shoulders. "Don't think too much about it." She said and I just nodded.

After a while, I decided to get the first aid kit that I convinced Ms. Lee to have in the broadcasting room. I then started to clean up all of them. Me, Ms. Park, and my brother didn't really need it, so I started with Nam-ra and then the others.

It's a good thing the nurse lets me help her and taught me basic first aid. And I finally found the time to use the first aid kit Ms. Lee got for our room. I should tell her about this when I see her next time. I was about to enter the room where Gyeong-su was isolated but Na-yeon stopped me just before I reach for the door knob.

"Hey. You're not going in, right? He's dangerous." She said turning all of the others' attention to us. "I'll just help him clean up. And he would've turned by now if he really is infected. He is not dangerous." I said but she still hasn't let go of my arm.

"You too?" I just looked at her, making her continue. "You don't believe me too?" She asked, tearing up.

"I saw it, Na-yeon. He wasn't bit. And he would've turn already if he really was infected. But no, he is sitting there, all alone. And I want to help him so let me go." I said but Ms. Park also stopped me. Saying that I should wait for at least thirty minutes.

I know she's just doing it to stop Na-yeon so I just let it go. I sat down on the floor, beside Nam-ra who is sitting on a chair. I laid my head on her thighs, she then placed her hand on my head, caressing it. I saw my twin brother talking to On-jo by the window, making me smile.

Because of this, I remembered my conversation with Hyun-jin. Seems like it's not yet too late huh? But I feel like it's not appropriate to ask her out in a situation like this. Maybe later, after Gyeong-su's isolation. Or maybe when we are rescued.

-------

"How can she sleep just like that?"

"She's always been like that. I think she already tried falling asleep while standing."

As I hear this, I stirred. "Shh." I heard someone shush the other off. Even with my eyes closed, I know its Nam-ra. I opened my eyes to see Hyun-jin and Wu-jin looking at me. I was shocked but quickly regained composure.

"Why are they standing there?" I asked, standing as well. Nam-ra stood as well, now watching whatever was happening inside. Wu-jin also stood beside Dae-su to watch.

"Na-yeon is talking to Gyeong-su." My twin answered making me nod. "Has it been an hour already?" I asked. "Nah, it was only the thirtieth minute." He answered as we stood at the back trying to see what's happening inside.

"Kiss. Kiss." I heard Dae-su say making Wu-jin chuckle. I smiled at Wu-jin's reaction. We have always thought that Na-yeon and Gyeong-su would end up together, maybe this is the start.

Dae-su and the others started to clap as Na-yeon made her way out of the room. I was about to clap as well but I saw a very angry Gyeong-su right behind Na-yeon. He can't even talk properly because of his anger. What the hell happened?

-------

I can't believe Na-yeon said that. I am standing with Gyeong-su and Cheong-san and the others as Ms. Park was still talking to Na-yeon. Gyeong-su seemed to calm down a little now. That's good right? I also finished helping Gyeong-su clean up a little.

My eyed wandered to where Nam-ra sat. She's just observing everything. Why can't the others be like her? Why can't they keep their mouth shut? Even just for a while, we could all use some silence.

I felt Wu-jin's hand on my shoulder when Na-yeon started to argue again. When will she stop?

"We'd be quiet if she were gone." I heard Ji-min say. Isn't that a little too harsh? With the situation we were given right now, isn't it the best for us the stick together and protect each other?

"You're all so annoying. What if I'm right about this? Then will you finally admit I saved you all, huh?" She said, looking to the group in front of her.

"I don't understand. How can you still be like this?" Cheong-san asked. I though she finally came to her senses but she spoke again.

"Look. Guess I was right after all." She said while looking to where Gyeong-su sat. We all followed her and looked at Gyeong-su.

"Gyeong-su." Cheong-san said making Gyeong-su realize that his nose is bleeding. "I told you didn't I? You still think I'm wrong?" I heard Na-yeon ask.

"Lee Na-yeon, can you shut it. Now's not the time." I hissed at her making her look at me, I can see that she was hurt with my words. I'm taking a mental note to say sorry to her later.

I can see Gyeong-su is scared. If I can just comfort him. I didn't even notice that only me and Cheong-san are standing close to Gyeong-su.

"Come on get rid of him. Get rid of him now!"

"I'm not- "

"Gyeong-su. Stay where you are. Stay back."

"I swear I'm fucking not!"

"I'm sorry, Gyeong-su."