Chapter 8

~T.W. Mention of self harm~

Third person's POV

Apparently, what Hye-ji thought came out as a whisper was actually loud enough for everyone to hear. Hyun-jin quickly came to her and bent down so he is on eye level to his twin.

"What are you saying? It's not your fault." He quickly said. Wu-jin nodding aggressively despite knowing that Hye-ji can't see him.

"But Na-yeon said...Na-yeon said that she hated Nam-ra because of me. Gyeong-su...It was because of me, right? She went out because she thought that she didn't have any friends. She went out and Ms. Park went after her, Ms. Park is not here anymore because...because of me?" She asked in a low voice. This time, only Hyun-jin was able to hear it.

"No, baby, no. She was blinded by guilt. A lot of people hated her because she was a bitch to everyone, well, except you. Maybe her conscience was eating her that is why she decided to go out. But enough of her. She killed our friend. She told you she loves you, just always remember that. And...and always think of what Ms. Park said, protect each other and stay together. That is what we'll do." Hyun-jin said to her before standing up straight and looking at everyone who is already looking at the twins.

"We only have each other now, we should all trust each other, protect each other, and we need to stay together. We would survive this together." Hyun-jin said. Hye-ji seemed to calm down now.

After a while, Hye-ji stood up as well seeming to remember something. Every ones' eyes are on her now. "I'm hungry, anyone else?" She asked as Dae-su immediately raised his hand. The others slowly raised their hands.

"But we don't have any food. Don't tell me you're planning on going to the cafeteria?" Joon-young asked to which Hye-ji only smirked.

"Who said we don't have foods? It's not a lot but still, food." Hye-ji said as she walked into a cabinet before pulling out six cans of Pocari Sweat and the breads and biscuits that she took yesterday.

"So? Who wants dinner?" She asked with a smile. The others looked at her before standing up and looking at the table where the foods sat.

Before anything else, Hye-ji looked at Hyun-jin. "You suck at comforting someone. It's a good thing you're a good leader." She said with a joking eye roll. Hyun-jin came to her side before ruffling her hair.

"Yah! Not the hair." Hye-ji frowned at him, making the others laugh at the two. This is something that the twins always do, make their friends happy, make them laugh. Even though they are not exactly doing anything funny, their bond never fails to bring smiles to others.

They decided to divide the foods into two, the first half would be eaten now, and the other would be kept, just in case help doesn't arrive tomorrow.

After eating, though they are all still tempted to eat the food left, they needed discipline. Dae-su then remember something he was meaning to ask the girl.

"Why do you even have food here. Do your club always have food? Maybe I should transfer clubs after all this." Dae-Ssu said making Joon-young hit his head jokingly.

"There was supposed to be a meeting between the members of broadcasting club and student council to be held here after classes today, but things got messed up so...yeah." Hye-ji explained.

"Good thing you remembered, I forgot we kept food here." Hyun-jin said. "Yeah, your memory sucks, old man." Hye-ji said making the others laugh, and making the boy glare at her.

"I'm only 42 minutes older than you so that makes you an old woman then?" Hyun-jin smirked. "Yah, stop it before this fight gets bigger." Wu-jin joked knowing that none of the twins would back down first.

Hye-ji's POV

I was laying my head on Nam-ra's lap while she sat on a chair. It was silent. After eating, the events a while ago came back to us.

"I didn't hear anything at all." We heard Cheong-san say, making all of us turn to face him. "I just couldn't hear anything." He added.

"Like what?" Su-hyeok questioned. "I mean, after Na-yeon went out and then Ms. Park went after her..." Cheong-san started I wince as flashes of the events earlier came back to me. I then felt Nam-ra's hand in my head, trying to relax me.

"I didn't hear anything after that." He finished. "You mean screaming?" Su-hyeok asked. "Maybe they didn't die then." Dae-su concluded. Maybe...

"They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were biting them. They must be alive." He added. No one said anything. The others just looked down. I stood up from my very comfortable position and looked at everyone in the room before talking.

"Dae-su is right. We must've heard something if the zombies ate them." I said supporting Dae-su's idea. "I didn't hear anything either." On-jo is the next one to speak.

Soon enough, Hyo-ryeong and Joon-young also agreed. "Then I'm right. They're alive right?" He said and then looked at me. I just smiled at him with a little nod.

"Should she be alive?" Ji-min asked, making all of us turn to her. "What do you mean?" I heard Joon-young ask.

"She's a murderer. She killed Gyeong-su and walked out of here on her own. Is it even right for her to be alive? Aren't you all being fake?" She said, I was about to talk but Wu-jin beat me to it. I then felt Nam-ra hold me hand.

"What about Ms. Park? Should she have died too?" He asked. "Is it our fault?" Ji-min answered back.

"Either way, we're responsible for what happened." Wu-jin said. "Why is that? What did we do wrong? Na-yeon killed someone, then played the victim, and chose to leave on her own, because we didn't listen to her. If no one is on her side, is it okay to kill? Ms. Park acted like we were wrong. We didn't tell Na-yeon to go out there. We didn't tell Ms. Park to go out there, either. Why should we feel bad?"

She was about to talk again but I cut her.

"Why should we feel bad? Because we have feelings, our feelings are valid! We just lost a good friend. And then after that we lost another. And then our adviser! Na-yeon might've be the reason Gyeong-su turned, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't feel bad if she died. She's still a person. She was one of us.

"She went out because she felt that no one is with her, which is partly true because what she did was extremely wrong. And it's bad. But when she asked if she should've died too, not one, not even a single one of you said no...

"She grew up with a comfortable life, yes, but her parents were never home. They come home like a day every month. She has no one. She tried her best to please her parents, but they never failed to make her feel like she was a disappointment. Like she was a failure. They never listened to her. It was like looking at her is a sin for them. I know, that's not an excuse to be a bitch. But growing up, she just wanted friends, she wanted to not be alone.

"Do you wanna know why she only wear long sleeves? She cuts herself every single time her parents leave her. I understand why she just left like that. Knowing that you are surrounded by people who can't even trust you, she chose to leave us. We are the reason she might be dead. She went out and Ms. Park went after her, because of us." I said. Ji-min is now looking down at her hands. I wiped my tears away.

"Listen. We are now stuck with each other, whether we like it or not. So, we should trust each other. We should work together. Protect each other." I added before sitting back down again, however this time, I didn't lean on Nam-ra.

It was silent after that. Hyun-jin walked towards me and sat beside me. He held my hands. "I'm not going to ask if you're okay. Because I know you're not. But remember that I'm still here. Wu-jin and Nam-ra still is. Okay? I love you." He whispered to me.

After a long period of silence, Su-hyeok was the one to break it.

"I feel weird saying this, but-" He was cut off by Wu-jin. Is it weird that know where this is going?

"Does anyone else have to go to the bathroom by chance?"