Chapter 9

"Am I the only one?" Su-hyeok asked and the others agreed with him.

After the not so brilliant idea of Dae-su in which no one agreed. Surprise, surprise! Dae-su suddenly pointed at me, still pouting.

"It's her fault. She fed us." Dae-su joked. "Stop it. You're just stupid that's all." Wu-jin quickly said smacking Dae-su's arm so that he is not pointing at me anymore.

After that, On-jo took over. She instructed us what to do. Well, I must say. It's smart. I'm glad we have On-jo with us. What could've happened if she wasn't with us? Would we have agreed to Dae-su's idea? I'm sure we won't but, I'm sure without On-jo, we wouldn't have thought of this.

-------

Dae-su is currently in our 'toilet' and Joon-young is waiting for him to finish. I really think they should've let Joon-young in first. I mean, Dae-su needs to poop and Joon-young is just peeing.

Anyways, Wu-jin and Hyo-ryoung are talking about getting rescued. It's not bad to have hope, but I'm not really that kind of person. I'd like to have no expectations, so that I will never be disappointed.

I was brought out of spacing out because of groans, followed by a very unpleasant smell. Dae-su finished his business. Joon-young rushed out of the room and into the window, where me and my twin is standing. Poor guy.

"There's nobody there. There are no lights on in the stores and apartments out there. They all ran away or died." Nam-ra said, making me look outside. She is right...what do we expect? My girl is smart.

"What do you mean by that?" On-jo asked. "No one's coming to save us." Nam-ra said with a straight face.

"Why do you have to be so pessimistic?" Joon-young asked Nam-ra.

"Don't you know my mom? Hye-ji and Hyun-jin's parents? They should've torn the school apart looking for us, but they aren't here yet." By the mention of my parents, I looked down. I felt Hyun-jin's hand on my back, gently rubbing it.

What if Seoul is in the same situation as Hyosan? Are my parents okay? What if they turned already? What if they're not safe? What if they're worrying about me and Hyun-jin? I don't want them to be stressed. What if mom had been crying? No. She's a strong woman. But even strong women cry. Is dad crying? I can't die just yet. I still have a long way. I want to make them both proud and I won't stop till they are. Have to live for my family.

By the mere mention of my parents, something seemed to ignite in me. The desire to live. I need to be strong for them, for my brother. I won't die just yet.

"Hye-ji. Hye-ji!" I didn't even notice that all of them are already looking at me and calling me. I saw Nam-ra with a concerned look on her face so I smiled at them.

"Why?" I asked, unknowingly tilting my head to the side a little. "Were you listening?" Ji-min asked me. I rubbed my head a little, embarrassed that I spaced out again.

"No. Sorry, I spaced out when Nam-ra mentioned our parents." I said truthfully. I felt Hyun-jin wrap his arms around my shoulder and I can hear him chuckling.

"Me and my sister have a bad spacing out problem whenever we are stressed or hungry. But I think hers is worse than mine. Sorry for that." He apologized with a smile. But I just pinched him in his side making him groan and remove his arm on me.

"What?? It's true!" He defended himself while rubbing the pace where I pinched him. I know it is. I just wanted to pinch him. Hehe. I also heard laughs from the others making me smile more.

After that, Hyun-jin told me what they had talked about. About staying for tonight to wait blah blah blah. Yeah, all that. I just want to sleep. You can't blame me though, all that running and crying and worrying, and trying to make the others smile and laugh, and thinking and spacing out. That can tire you, really.